eat hash raw?

Discussion in 'Hashish' started by rawgarlic, Jun 6, 2006.

1. rawgarlic

rawgarlic Member

Hi can you get an effect from eating hash raw? Ive only smoked it. would the high last longer? anyone have any expirences?
    thanks

2. SagaciousKJB2

SagaciousKJB2 Member

Well, I think it depends on how the hash was prepared.

A lot of people will bake the hash, as to "harden" the outside, and prevent it from just crumpling into dust. If hash was prepared in this fashion, than the THC would be activated, and you should be able to eat it.

My experience with eating weed is that the high lasts much longer and is more intense, but I don't know if it is different with hash or not.

In any event, I've heard of people eating hash as far back as the 18th century. On Pot-TV, I believe they said that Queen Elizabeth (might've been the second, I'm not familiar with monarchy), ate chocolate-covered hash to ease menstrul cramps. I've also watched a History channle presentation outlining how many cannabis lounges prepared hash in this manner too.

3. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

So... that's pretty much the best idea I've heard all month. Although, if you were to eat it raw, it would probably taste like shit.

4. The Reverend

The Reverend Member

People have been eating hash much longer than they have been smoking it. In 1001 Arabian Nights there's the tale of the two hashish eaters innit linky
    What kind of hash do you have? Moroccan or asian or homemade? cos you might want to play around with amounts depending on the grade. I would never eat less than 1g and still that's a very small dose which might not have any effect. You need 2+ really for a good effect.
    I have no problem chewing it up raw as I love the taste especially an oily maroc but texture of some ice hash and that isn't so great imo. It's a lot more versatile to cook with than grass and is less hassle overall for cooking so cake is always nice. In the past we used to crush 2.5g per person into dust and pour it into a green tea made thick with loads of honey so even if it goes cold that mulch at the bottom of the cup tastes laaavley.

In regards to the comment on the queen, it wasn't Elizabeth the second (that's the current queen lol) but you were probably thinking of Victoria. All of them used to cane it heavily. She got a young Winston Churchill fucked on cocaine lozenges and everyone 'respectable' back then used to eat lots of opium and hash hehe.

5. theshaman

theshaman Member

Hahaha....all month....talking bout mentruation, and months. That's a joke waiting to happen. Wait for it...here goes.....

Yeah, I got nothing.

6. 2cesarewild

2cesarewild I'm an idiot.

"Activating" thc is bullshit, the reason people heat it in butter is to facilitate the thc being absorbed into the fat in the butter so it is able to be used by your body. If you eat weed raw you normally don't get effects because of all the plant material, it takes long to get the thc out, but if it's in fat, it's readily available to your body. Hash doesn't have plant material. Well, good hash doesn't.

Anyways, I've heard that 5 grams of good hashish raw is too much, may lead to an uncomfortable experience... I have eaten around 2 grams of the headiest nugget and a bit of beasters in one leary biscuit and kept getting higher and higher, it was great, but I imagine 2 grams of hash is even higher. so if you're not used to it you might wanna only eat a gram, i'd make a leary biscuit if i was you. works wonders.

7. portishead

portishead Member

Isn't hashish made from a plant...?

8. 2cesarewild

Yes it is, but I should have said, "little" plant matter. Shitty hash will have more.

Also depends on if the plant used for making the hash has more straight or hooked trichomes, more straight means less plant material, more hooked means more plant material yadda yadda one gram of high quality hash is made from say anywhere from 15 grams to 30 of buds, it's always different, but anyways yea you get the picture now?

9. peacelovebarefeet

Yeah, it was a pun on my part in the beginning... lol. :p

10. PsyGrunge

PsyGrunge Full Fractal Force

if it aint baked and is actual hash (rather than a hash hybrid such as pollen or squidgy) then it has a bitter taste that is define - and you won't be able to efficiently eat it because it will fuck your teeth up.

11. The Reverend

The Reverend Member

(Being a wanker on two threads in a row sorry) Pollen or squidge aren't hybrids but real hash

REAL HASH

HASH!

As long as people continue calling soap hash and continue buying it, there will sadly be a market for it. Vote with your wallet! Don't buy this even if it is all you can get your hands on! Boycott these scumbags!

;) J

12. 2cesarewild

Some squidgy is a type of soap, just made a little different. but yea, definitely wankering it up. glad someone said something lol.

fuck your teeth up? rofl... i swear some people just make shit up to try and sound intelligent.

13. PsyGrunge

what the fuck?

okay, get your arse over to britain where I am commenting on the hash and try and eat some rocky without it seriously fucking with your teeth. i'm sorry for insulting your unquestionable knowledge, but if you think you could eat the hash we get over here without it wrecking your teeth then - jeez - i'd say what a guy.

make shit up just to sound intelligent? pah, 5 years consistent use and an underlying psychological dependency ensures that i don't give a shit about making shit up to sound intelligent!!

and also, how does "fuck your teeth up" sound like im trying to act intelligent?

14. The Reverend

The Reverend Member

I was being pedantic towards comments you had made on two threads and thought I might have come across as a bit of a cock or looked like I was singling you out. Hence the sorry. I won't bother being so polite if you'd rather I just straight up insulted you.

I'm quite good at posting random nonsense if you prefer and I can talk on a suprisingly vast array of subjects. How's your knowledge of mid nineties german acid trance/techno????

15. 2cesarewild

Whoa now! Five years of use and dependency... ph33r.

Just cause you smoke garbage for five years doesn't mean you know anything about hashish. You obviously don't. Try to learn something and maybe I won't call you on your bullshit.

16. peacelovebarefeet

Straight up, jo.

Don't fuck with 2ces..... he knows his shit!!!

17. SLammon420

SLammon420 Senior Member

No, actually it doesn't ensure much of anything.

18. yazzer

yazzer Member

I guess it depends on how clean the hash is and how it was prepared... i personally wouldn't do it. i like to smoke my THC.

19. PsyGrunge

"I hate connecting with nature, I am way cooler than you for obvious reasons, obviously."

Class. I can't argue with that.

20. 2cesarewild

Jokes. No one can argue with that.

I purposely set the profile up like that for the next tool who tried to quote it. Congratulations.