Easy Egg Noodles!!

Discussion in 'Pasta' started by Biggen, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Biggen

Biggen Banned

1 egg per person
    pinch of salt per egg
    flour

Lightly beat the eggs and salt together in a bowl.
    Add flour and mix well, until the mixture comes together. ( I use a wooden spoon. When the mixture all sticks together on the spoon, it's ready! It should have the same consistency as bread dough, not cake batter.)

Pour the mixture onto a lightly floured surface, and roll out to about 1\4 inch thick. Cut into noodles about half inch wide. (Pizza cutter kicks ass for this part!)

Use these just like you would ordinary egg noodles from a package. You can use them immediately or they will keep in the fridge for a day or two.

Impress your family and friends!

2. Wonder Girl

Wonder Girl rhapsody in pink

Thanks Biggen...I tried this recipe,except I added just a little milk...they turned out great.

3. Biggen

Biggen Banned

Glad you liked 'em! I got the recipe from someone else, so I can't take credit.

And someone actually tried them. I'm so happy! yay!!!

4. bellystar

bellystar Member

I can't wait to try these out!

5. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

mmm great [​IMG]

6. Olympic-Bullshitter

Olympic-Bullshitter Banned

5 tablespoons unsalted butter, 3/4 pound fresh morels, 1/2 cup minced shallots, 2 Granny Smith apples,cored and cut into matchsticks, 1 dried chipotle pepper,seeded,minced, 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup white wine, 1 cup vegetable stock, 1/2 pound fresh pencil asparagus, tips only, 1/2 pound egg noodles, slightly undercooked and drained, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/2 cup freshly ground black pepper, 1/2 cup loosely packed baby spinach. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium high heat.Add the morels and shallots. Saute about 2 minutes. Add the apples, chipotle, and flour, and saute another 2 minutes. Add the wine and stock and bring to a boil. Add asparagus and pasta and cook until the asparagus is tender. Add the salt, pepper, and spinach. Serve immediately.