Eastern Haze Festival

Discussion in 'UK Parties and Protests' started by Peace-Phoenix, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

This looks pretty cool, and really near me. East Anglia seems to be the new West Country as far as festivals are concerned. I think I'll probably go to this, and Levellers are playing accoustic there. 20th-22nd July. Anyone else up for it?

www.easternhaze.com

2. island dweller

island dweller I Love Wind

Whenever anyone talks about the most beautiful parts of britain, the west country always gets a huge amount of mention, but consider suffolk/norfolk, its like the west country, full of green fields and no large cities or industry spoiling the view.
    seriously tho this looks like a brilliant small festival, very family friendly, but without the huge presence of police. I heard some people at the Big Green Gathering talking about it, how quite a few of the gipsy (the good kind) caravans make an effort to go there. It seems suffolk and norfolk are starting to wake up to the whole ecofestival scene with other smaller festivals starting to become really popular.

Ok the line up may not be overly splattered with big names (tho they had Hawkwind there last year), and the price is nearly as expensive as Beautiful days used to be, but if you want an atmosphere that doesn't seem put on (fake hippy bollocks) or enforced by the host company like mean fiddler (like a lot of festivals nowadays) then this is certainly the festival for that.

Give us yokels a chance to show you how we have fun in the countryside! (other than getting it on with our livestock)

3. fountains of nay

fountains of nay Planet Nayhem!

Hmmmmmmmm there ain't any large cities spoiling the view down 'ere. Plymouth, sure...but that's by the sea. As for Industrial estates, it ain't like we put them in the middle of Dartmoor or anything either...

4. fountains of nay

The raves are soooooooo good in Cornwall. Launceston bank holiday free party in June is always a cracking event!

5. Peace-Phoenix

Big Green sounds pretty cool, I'm definitely going to go one year, though this year might be a little hectic. Quite a few people from Hipforums go to the Big Green though, keep an eye out in this forum and talk to Jonny2Mad, you could arrange to camp together....

6. fountains of nay

BGG is a wicked festival, so laid back and chilled. I love the dude that dresses up as a fox and annoys people every year!

7. island dweller

never saw him actually! I'll look harder next time i'm at the BGG.

in addition
    i think some people misunderstood what i was saying before, didn't say west country had big cities in the way of the views, the polar opposite in fact, just that East Anglia in general doesn't either... lol

anyway, this is really just a promotional advert for probably the first thing this region has had to offer anything good in the way of music (well for the 22yrs i been alive anyway) without the names "justin - bloody - hawkins" and "lil chris" :$ coming up...

8. fountains of nay

Totally dude. East Anglia looks like a great place for parties, plus the fields are MUCHOS bigger. Not so much separation and all that.

9. Peace-Phoenix

I spoke to one of the organisers on the phone today, I might be able to do a poetry performance there. They seemed up for a couple of slots for a free ticket. I've sent them some of my stuff, fingers crossed....

10. fountains of nay

Best of luck :)

11. jaycee

jaycee Member

hey sal

have got my eastern haze ticket, is anyone on here considering the secret garden party or lost vagueness festival????

hopefully catch you there

jc

12. Peace-Phoenix

Hey Jaycee man, great to hear from you again! It's been ages! Eastern Haze have agreed to let me perform, so I'll definitely be going. You want to camp with me, Danny and possibly Jonny? Like old times man, old times....

13. dapablo

dapablo redefining

Proper, go dude go. :)

14. island dweller

so when u getting your ticket?

15. Peace-Phoenix

I'm still negotiating with them. I can either do a short performance for a half price ticket, or do a talk or something as well for a free ticket. I'm not quite sure what they have in mind, but I've put a few ideas to them and I'm waiting to hear back from them. But you should go ahead and get yours, as either way I'll be doing something there....

16. jaycee

jaycee Member

hey Sal

it would be cool if i could come and pitch up with you guys......will be bringing along my new partner and her child.......first time festival goers, so hope there is plenty of room.

cant wait, and yes indeed it would be just like old times my friend...... i do somewhat recall camping in the middle of southern england with you showmet and paul, that was good times

keep smiling
    jx

17. Peace-Phoenix

Indeed man, indeed. Course they'll be space, look forward to seeing you there. Will PM you my number, and if you could do the same we can arrange to camp....

18. island dweller

update: tho not certain

I am starting to get more work so i may be at the festival yet sal, i'll txt u if i buy a ticket, anyway don't need to organise any travel arrangements til nearer time anyways

19. Peace-Phoenix

What travel arrangements? We live just down the road!

20. island dweller

well i mean if we want to travel in the same car or whatever. Just trying to make it sound like more of an effort than it actually is i guess.

its about 30mins away from us? fair point.