Easter Confest

Discussion in 'Australia' started by august_moon, Jan 12, 2005.

1. august_moon

august_moon Member

Is anyone going to the next easter confest?
    Ckeck out the wesite if you haven't already. www.dte.org.au
    They have not posted new details about easter 2005 yet but keep checking for when they do. I think the confest site will be in a new location this time from what I heard last easter. Should be a great one! I live in melbourne so it's not too far away for me. But its definatley worth the trip, for those of you further away, as it's 5 whole days of total bliss!! I would'nt miss it for the world.

Did anyone go to December confest? How was it?

love&peace
    august_moon

2. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

I wanted to go to the Summer Confest but my car had problems and I could not get a lift there even though it is the nearest town to Hay. I might make it to the Sydney one that is on next week. :(

3. Bilby

There is a Yahoo group that you can belong to that will send you the latest news on Confest.

http://au.groups.yahoo.com/group/confest/

It is mainly for info on sharing lifts to Confest.You can post messages in there bur it must be done using plain text only.If you send rich text it will be returned to you and not posted.

4. august_moon

august_moon Member

Thanks Bilby :)

5. superwoman

superwoman Member

I was in the Confest in december, it was my first time (coming from France for that), and I can say it's the best thing I have ever lived in my life until now !!!

Nothing better than this on earth : beatifull place and wonderful weather not too hot, so amazing and nice and alive people, the sensual games in the mud place, the river, very interesting workshops, the wonderful concert with (funny) some french songs : la Vie en Rose and Padam from Edith Piaf, Les Derniers Trouvères (the Last Trobadors) with their medieval songs, everybody dancing, the fashion-show, the pancakes in the morning, the fresh juices, the ..., the ..., the ... and so on and son on.

How lucky you are to have such festivals in your country !!! Thank you and really looking forward to come back to the next Confest !

6. Rainbowgirl

Rainbowgirl Member

I was at the ConFest as well !!!
    So gorgeous... Amazing... Beautiful ! There is no more word to explain what we lived. It was absolutely THE place to be, to Live, to Love.

I'll be back next year and hope to see you there.

7. august_moon

august_moon Member

:) Cool! So you'll be going to easter Confest? I wonder when the next sydney gathering will be as I wouldn;t mind going up there for that too.

8. Bilby

They usually hold the next Sydney confest in the October long weekend.The other Sydney one is on the invasion day long weekend.

9. august_moon

august_moon Member

Hi!
    There are new details posted on dte's website about market stalls at Confest.
    Seems there has been much debate over whether there will be markets stalls in the future at Confest as they take up alot of volunteer time, especially when it comes to rubbish removal. So it seems they have decided that there will no longer be blanket stalls :( but there will still be food stalls :) and community cooking areas as last year.

Get the lowdown here, http://www.dte.org.au

august xx

10. lacuna

lacuna Member

One of the confest forums mentioned that one of the DTE head honchos stopped the stalls but is setting up his own Coke stall (???)

This will be my first confest and I'll be going alone - any advise for a newbie?

11. Bilby

I prefer to sleep in a car, but if you are going to pitch a tent in the car free zone I would pick a spot where you will not get too much pedestrian traffic coming past your tent such as near the town beach.Also make a mental note of where you have pitched your tent or parked your vehicle.As well as the other things the web site tells you to bring along bring at least two torches. I find the AA size are just as good as D cell ones.Bring plenty of spare batteries.You have to either bring your own food or buy ready cooked food from one of the food stands.For a lantern at your camp site only portable electric ones are allowed .DTE will recharge it for you so I was told by the fireman.

12. lacuna

lacuna Member

Thanks Bilby!!

Hope it's everything I've heard it is - can't wait...

13. august_moon

august_moon Member

Hi!;)

Glad to hear you are coming to confest. Are you planning to camp in gypsy or carfree? I'm a gypsy girl so I can be found camped out on the further most reaches of the gyspy camp area. We enjoy spreading out and having a large site at confest and there is plenty of room to do this out that far.

So if you enjoy your space look around a bit for the perfect spot before setting up, as the site really is huge. If you don't like walking and would like to be close to the market,drumming etc. then grab a spot closer to "town". But either way you'll be bestfriends with everyone in no time. I've never camped in carfree but anywhere there would be wonderful and very peaceful all you'll soon see. Fire is a big no-no again this year but there will be gas cookers at the campfire circles and don't forget a torch like Bilby said or you won't be able to see shit! So get know your landmarks too so you can find your way home in the dark, this is probably the best adive I could give you:)

All the food is really yummy at the market and runs all day and into the night. We always take our own drinking water,mainly because we camp out far and so there's water for other people instead, so there is water on site for drinking.

Another thing,the creek is usually really low so those li-lo and tyre tubes thingys really do come in handy (the water is really cold too!) for a float down the river or your daily swim!

14. lacuna

lacuna Member

Thanks - I'm afraid I have no idea where I wish to camp. I don't mind if it's a little further away (can escape into some alone time if needed), guess I'll work it out when I get there (maybe I'll just walk around and then set up camp next to the first group of people who say 'hi').

I'll bring my inflatable alligator for the creek.

Still not sure what to expect but really looking forward to finding out.

15. lacuna

lacuna Member

August_moon - just looked at the picture of your combi. Did you go to a bush doof (shenanigans I think) up near Marysville some time ago with a large-ish group, getting lost a couple of times on the way, and have a silver car follow you?

Probably a stupid question - how many dozens of combis probably go to these things...

16. positive vibes

positive vibes Member

wow that looks so beautiful. Is there a cost involved to come along?
    peace Vibes.

17. positive vibes

positive vibes Member

wow that looks so beautiful. Is there a cost involved to come along?
    peace Vibes.

18. Bilby

$50 entry fee at the gate.Bring your own food or buy it.Also your own camping gear.

19. positive vibes

positive vibes Member

cool, bilby where abouts will it be?

20. lacuna

lacuna Member