East Texas anyone?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by badfish, Jan 15, 2007.

1. badfish

badfish Member

I live and love in East Texas, and I've realized that they don't really appreciate hippies in these parts. I don't know why people would think that I would take "hippie" as an insult, but people have tried to use the word cuttingly. Well, anyway, is anyone else stuck in East Texas, or an I truely all alone here?

2. Lunatic_3051

Lunatic_3051 Member

I'm in southeast. In Jasper, to be exact. And yea, it's hard for a hippie here. lol. The rednecks just don't understand. Never heard of Tatum, Tx though.

3. badfish

badfish Member

Is Jasper somewhere around Nac? I think I've heard of it before but I'm not sure where exactly it is. Tatum's by Longview/Henderson/Marshall.

4. natural philosophy

natural philosophy bitchass sexual chocolate

Jasper is between Lufkin and Beaumont... if you know where either of those are. About two hours east of houston... about an hour and a half from the coast.

5. badfish

badfish Member

Yeah, I know where Lufkin and Beaumont both are. A good friend of mine is about to move to Beaumont.

6. dreaming of peace

dreaming of peace Member

im in beaumont. and besides a select few.. there is absolutely no open minded people around here.

7. natural philosophy

natural philosophy bitchass sexual chocolate

there are even less open minded people here in jasper. I can't wait to get out of this place.

8. dreaming of peace

dreaming of peace Member

yea jasper deffinitly is a blind townn.. i dont think i coulldd live there.. i give you proppss!

9. Unkle_John

Unkle_John Member

Ah Lufkin, home of the Chick-o-Stick.

10. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

NE of Houston more north than east (we're 2 1/2 hrs directly NE of Houston)

There are some hippie folk around Nac...but not a lot of 'em. There was a Rainbow Gathering in East Texas...Angelina National Forest...back in '88 but that was a bit before your time, ehe badfish?

Of course TX is one of the 3 states consensed to for Rainbow 2007 Texas, Oklahoma or Arkansas which means one of those states will be seeing a whole lotta hippie folk come June & July.

11. gharp8619

gharp8619 Member

im from longview at the moment.. lived here my whole life. i actually go to tatum all the time also. my father has as store out there near lake cherokee

12. shameless_heifer

shameless_heifer Super Moderator

North East Texas here, 45 miles north of Tyler.. green, lush and beautiful.. not me.. the area :)
    sh

13. CelticMuse

CelticMuse Member

I'm in the Deadwood area...18 miles from Carthage...10 miles from the Louisiana border

14. LightningRose

LightningRose Member

Marshall, TX here.
    Behind the Pine Curtain.
    We moved here on purpose 5 years ago, and I do love it.
    A gorgeous area, and I own an historic mansion we run as a B&B.
    The town loves us!
    I am amazed.

15. new2easttexas

new2easttexas Member

i am a new guy in southeast texas...near port arthur...anybody around here PLEASE send me a mesage here, via email (blitziod@gmail.com) or something...I am bored and know NOBODY cool in these parts. I am from the city and am cracking up around all these rednecks..HELP

16. a420seeker

a420seeker Member

Howdy from Lufkin, Old Hippy here lovin life and all the wonders Mother has bestowed upon the lands.

17. txbarefooter

txbarefooter Senior Member

Jasper is where those jerks dragged the black man to death behind their pickup

I live in the heart of ultra-conservative, bush loving college station

18. gr00vy

gr00vy Member

Im from east Houston, would love to meet some hippy folk from around here. I just moved to this location from Massachusetts two weeks ago so getting settled down with new friends is kinda tough!

19. Bonkai

Bonkai Later guys

I live in west Houston, right in the Katy area. love meeting new people just drop me a line.

20. Lady MJK

Lady MJK Member

I live in Orange... Fruit City. Whoo hoo... Jasper... lol.