Earth Day

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Orsino2, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Happy friggin Earth Day. I'm going camping/flyfishing somewhere between Jackson Ridge/Blue Ridge and I'm probably going to just chill at a trout hatchery today and do something/maybe see if there are any jobs. I've only worked with oysters, clams, and crabs. I'm looking to further drag my ass out of Eastern Virginia one of these days...

Man, I'd at least have a campfire jam or something.

Get outside today.

http://www.42007.com :( I wish this was still going on. I didn't catch Ekoostik Hookah.

2. lunarflowermaiden

lunarflowermaiden Senior Member

I am going for a nice walk in the forest :). I am not sure how the weather is where you are at, but it is beautiful here. The sun is shining, and the sky is actually blue rather than the usual gray it has been for a while.

3. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Well I made Earth Day cookies. The kids loved them, I haven't had one yet. They turned out pretty cute I think. I should post pictures of them and my kids eating them.

We've been outside quite a bit today. I had the grand idea of taking the kids for a walk around the neighborhood and picking up any trash we saw along the way but my oldest (who's 7 years old) wrinkled his nose at that one. *sighs* I know my twins would do it though (they'll be 4 years old the end of next month), I might have to get them out for that walk and leave the oldest with the hubby.

4. hippychickmommy

Here they are...cookies and kids!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

Wow, those cookies look great. :D That's a good idea, about walking and picking up trash. I feel like doing something positive today... but I can't think of what. :eek: There's plenty of trash to pick up, but then it just feels like I'm helping the street, not the wilderness. Which is still good... no one likes to have trash lying around. But meh... I'll probably just stay in and sing songs again. :D I'm bad at Earth Day.

6. buxillafion

buxillafion secretary of pizza

Doing something for earth on earth day is like going to church only on easter.

7. Lucifer Sam

Nah, doing something for Earth on Earth Day is actually helping the planet... going to Church doesn't help a damn thing. :)

8. buxillafion

buxillafion secretary of pizza

no

you gotta have a little more ambition than that
    try every day

9. Lucifer Sam

First, let me say "thank you" for telling me what I gotta do. I really need people like you to help me figure it out.

It's called doing something positive, out of the ordinary... that doesn't mean that I do nothing for the Earth any other day. I meant doing something extra, like planting a tree or whatever else... do you plant a tree every fucking day? No. Do you recycle every day? Hopefully. But according to you, that some how equals no ambition...?

Dude, don't judge. As cliche as it sounds, you don't know me and what I do. I walk almost everywhere I go, I recycle, I buy organic when I can and don't support bastards like Monsanto. I don't support politicians who say that global warming doesn't exist, I don't waste water or electricity. But hey, I'll try to be as great as you some day.

10. MaximusXXX

MaximusXXX Senior Member

I don't give a damn about Earth Day, to me it's just a joke because technically everyday is Earth Day, we live on this planet, I just think it's real stupid to give notion to it once a year, if anything everyday we should acknowledge our planet.

Stupid hippies wanted to make one day of the year to have Earth written on it on a calendar.

11. hippychickmommy

Well to me it's not just one day out of the year, it's everyday, but I choose to celebrate Earth Day as it's simply something fun to do, and it gives me the opportunity to get the kids involved and excited about something. Geez oh man, some of you people are so miserable! Lighten up, have some fun every once in a while!

12. hippychickmommy

Thankyou Lucifer Sam! :)

13. indian~summer

indian~summer yo ho & a bottle of yum

those cookies do look so good and your kids are adorable :D
    i love earth day, it's so one of my favourite days :D

14. lunarflowermaiden

lunarflowermaiden Senior Member

Well, in that case, why do we have any holiday? Some people enjoy having a special time to celebrate, so you can stop being so bitter. If you would rather put others down than do something fun for Earth day, that is your business, but not everyone feels the need to sulk and be miserable. I understand your point about caring for the planet everyday and not just one day, and most of the people who celebrate Earth Day do. It is just something positive and fun, and nobody is forcing you to celebrate. I swear, some people really like to try to ruin the fun for others.

Those cookies look fantastic, HCM.

15. Orsino2

Yeah, you really do have some pretty righteous chilluns there. :D I hope mine are all awesome like that, one day.

I'm back.

Oh snap. :rolleyes: Romney, West Virginia.... haha :D "I shoot Matthews"

I saw this family feud going on at a gas station yesterday and I spent about 30 minutes talking to a truck driver about hauling produce back whenever his trailer is empty and he wants to make some extra money or somesuch... and Florida oranges. Gotta love Florida oranges. Gotta love a GA peach too. :D

16. Orsino2

By the way, I know y'all are all beast and whatnot but you guys really need to chill. :rolleyes: Just tone it down, hoss. Everything is alright, I don't have any valium to hand you, but everything is alright.

17. hippychickmommy

Hehehe! Thankyou much indian~summer, lunarflowermaiden and Orsino2!

{{{Hugs}}}