Early College

Discussion in 'Higher Ed' started by NKat, Jan 23, 2005.

1. NKat

NKat Member

Anyone ever heard of Simon's Rock? It's an early start college affiliated with Bard. I'm a sophomore in high school applying to go next year because I'm sick to death of the public education system, and it's taking away my desire to learn.. I did a search of the board and didn't find anything on it, which kind of surprised me. A lot of people are really against the idea of early college, but I thought it would probably get a lot of support here. Anyway, just anxious waiting to find out if I got in.

2. Midget

Midget Senior Member

Yeah, if I had to spend any more time in Highschool, I think I'd be goign nuts...lol...but I'm fixin to graduate here soon, and I've enjoyed the 4 years for the most part. :) Got some really great teachers that pointed me in the Left direction, and met a few cool people...but yeah...I know what you're saying. And here's my advice...go for it. I mean, it's not like you couldn't go back to a regular higschool if ya wanted, if you did not like it...but if you don't give it a try, you'll never know. :) Follow your dreams, regardless of what other's say or think. :)

3. physicalxgraffiti

physicalxgraffiti Member

I have a friend that went to Simon's Rock. She said she loved it, and couldn't have seen herself staying any longer in the public school system. I considered going there after my sophmore year (i'm a junior now) but I go to a magnet school for performing arts, so my high school isn't as bad only being there for half the day. I totally agree with early education, some people need those two extra years in high school, but for a lot of kids, it's just not for them. Good luck!
    peace <3 :)