ear infections?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Boogabaah, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

i've had what i think and 2 doctors have told me is an ear infection .. for the past two years, off and on. one doctor told me it was allergies :confused:

my ears hurt and my throat is a little icky feeling. i really don't want to take more antibiotics.. which aren't obviously working for this.

i was thinking.. tea tree oil and collidial silver.. maybe? any ideas?

2. yarrow_sun

yarrow_sun Member

I don't know what to tell you to take, but if someone has allergies which creates mucous and drainage, it can lead to an ear infection, or sinus infection, and can be chronic.

I've heard Netti pots help with allergies and sinus problems, and drinking lots of water.

3. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

hhmm.. i looked on webmd.com and my symptoms are nothing like what they say they are for ear infections..

i need to research it more

4. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

do you eat dairy? it's notorious for causing earaches and mucous buildup.

http://www.healthy.net/scr/article.asp?ID=1175
    i've always used mullein/garlic infused oil for earaches until i can figure out the root cause and fix that.

~be well~
    nimh

5. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

possibly.. they ought me some chocolates.. milk chocolates.. even though i asked for dark chocolate. my fault for eating it anyways.

i've been gargling with salty water.. seems to be helping for now.

i'll try the oil mixture though

6. mamaboogie

mamaboogie anarchist

recurring ear infections are almost always due to food allergies. try eliminating all dairy (and casein) from your diet for a couple months, and see if the ear infections don't clear up.

7. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

probably what it is.. because i usually eat almost no dairy at all. moo

8. mamaboogie

mamaboogie anarchist

Do you eat anything that contains casein or whey? that is dairy, even if the package says "non-dairy" right on it. It could very well be some other food allergy, dairy is just the most common of them all.

9. Tipo Sensuale

Tipo Sensuale Senior Member

In addition to the dairy/wheat/allergies/etc.
    Sometimes recurring ear pain can be due to stress and fatigue. Is there anything that has been happening in your life since just before you started getting ear infections that wasn't happening before?
    It could be some change in air pollution or allergens too - did you change the area you lived in, or is there a new factory smoke stack near by, or even did you change the fuel you use or the car you drive or even the soap you use?

10. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

yeah i know how to read food labels. i have a book that explains all the words and their true meanings.. sneaky bastards

i'm 3000 miles away from home.. one doctor told me it was allergies.. he claimed NOT food allergies ..

it's either dairy or just stress.. i'm okay now..

11. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

bump -related thread posted

12. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

I have had Meniere’s disease bad a couple of times. The first time I was hospitalised and was on an intravenous drip. The second time the doc noticed that my blood pressure was bit on the low side and thought that I could do with some salty food. We agreed there was a great deal irresponsible journalism of excessive generalising. At the time it was thought that 9% of the adult population had to watch their salt intake. These days it is not even that.

http://www.abc.net.au/rn/healthreport/stories/2006/1587391.htm#

A couple of years ago I got my library to order in a copy of Let’s Eat Right To Keep Fit by Adelle Davis. I looked up Meniere’s and what do you know? She points out the dangers of getting Meniere’s from a low salt diet. Although she got some things wrong, she was essentially right on the mark in many areas.

Let us not forget you lose salt through the pores of your skin in hot weather.