Dutch Ban on Tourists

Discussion in 'Amsterdam' started by a-dam, Nov 17, 2010.

1. a-dam

a-dam Member

2. lmao

lmao Member

"some Dutch want to ban it" a) that doesn't mean it's going to happen b) the conservatives have been slowly taking over Holland as they have in America. It's a scary day when these fuckers can take over. fuck them.

3. a-dam

a-dam Member

That's what everyone who hangs out in the Viedenjarbole seems to think. So one must consider the source.

4. lmao

lmao Member

yeah!! have you been? it's a beautiful area!

5. High Plaines Drifter

High Plaines Drifter Member

Are they going to ban the prostitutes from the tourists as well?
    "Sorry, we can't provide you with a suck-n-fuck unless you have an up to date Dutch passport on hand"

6. a-dam

a-dam Member

Yes, lmao. I've always said that you know you're in the Viedenjarbole when you FEEL you're in the Viedenjarbole.

7. lmao

lmao Member

yes, adam, that is correct. I'm glad you've been there and seen it's beauty. it is truly stunning!

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

have to wonder if the tourism trade isnt built into the world economy somehow.... with the decriminalization of cannabis in other areas of the world, the flow of money turns to other areas of the world ect.. strange way to look at yeah..

9. junglejack

junglejack aiko aiko

Maybe a beautiful place, but I gotta think most of the dollars come from tourism. --and most tourism is because if the novelty of the legal coffee house thing
    I could be wrong but I think thier tourism trade relies more on thier availability of weed to be smoked openly in coffee houses, ... a whole industry has been built around it*
    Im sure people go for many other reasons, and the tulips are quite beautiful this time of yr - -but it would be very silly to remove the main reason tourists go there , and spend thier cash- Economically its silly- jobs would be lost- -etc... a silly thought of even trying to change thier way of life, that attracts many from all over- -and for what??
    Are the dutch- that upset about this that they are demanding the laws change or are other countries (ie- Amerika) sticking thier nose in where it doesnt belong (once again)
    Whats the deal??

10. jimmyjoe1

jimmyjoe1 toker Lifetime Supporter

So truly spoken feel the same about the ban, and cant see it happening..

11. What's up with Amsterdam

What's up with Amsterdam Guest

The Amsterdam mayor is very much against a ban, so I don't think it will happen. It's mostly around the border area where tourists come solely to buy their drugs.

12. playtyme

playtyme Member

So I hear they are going to put a banned on coffee shops?:confused:

13. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Lol.

They officially WON their own fight against drugs, by "making them boring". Now they want a crackdown?

Have they not seen what happened in the US? all crackdowns do is bring crack to your country.

14. yogibear

yogibear Member

Nol just linked to this.. bit more positive

http://coffeeshopnews.nl/index.php?opti ... page-niews

Translation-

In the Mail: Do not be afraid of the big bad wietpas ...
    Written by Myranda
    Sunday, 29 May 2011 9:30 p.m.

Beyond the problems with the practical implementation of such membership management, the wietpas last week prevented by two motions filed in the Senate regarding the evaluation of the Data Protection Act. The motions Franken (CDA) and Tan (PvdA) are both supported by 10 parties, adopted at a meeting May 24 jl with by mr. Franken calling on the government bills in five criteria in the decision-making. Tan bill calls for an identity management. Day Wietpas.

The Minister refers to the (unqualified) ruling by the European Court. Reminder: the court held that the residence requirement had against the European Constitution, but may be temporarily deployed against nuisance caused by drug tourism for the period in which the nuisance exists. Certainly no excuse for entering the country with only a local function.

The coming of the ruling Council of State on Maastricht Josemans, the letter said. Chapeau Josemans, you have history. It will be remembered as the "Josemans Judgement", as is so named by the court of the State Council. (And an administrative law professor, Deborah has returned with a thesis because subparagraph spend "Jose's Judgement" was not sufficiently considered, while the Rotterdam was about!) We are waiting with baited breath (and I use 70% confidence in a happy ending). Hope that it can fend off a lot of trouble in Maastricht itself, because you have not at all easy.

I expect him to be 350 meters line very quickly, in Rotterdam to start. That too will be incorporated in the new guidelines by July 1, 2011 (not yet found anything about). Opstelten brandishes the key figures of 2009 Ladis, they have a bulletin issued in April "15 years cannabis treatment demand in the Netherlands". For sports enthusiasts on the button, how large is that group of addicts and vulnerable young people, where are all these measures? Of the 18,000 drug addicts in the Cannabis Consumers in 2009 with all sorts of other addictions, is 13% below 20 years, his 2340 most young problem users of cannabis among others. (Only 14 of the 18,000, only cannabis as the only problem). Treatment demand is also increased, especially among the 30-50 age group. Anyone have any idea how many (smooth) adult consumers in the Netherlands, estimates vary somewhat?

It seems to me a good idea to try to Schippers ask how those actions contribute to public health. Where is one of the pillars of our policy of tolerance, which remains protecting consumers?

Grt, Myranda
    Nol is owner of the Wille Worals Shops in Harrlem

15. hippie_geek

hippie_geek Guest

I highly doubt that they would actually make it illegal for tourist to purchase weed. It would be asinine of the government to do so, considering the millions of the dollars that are made each year from tourists due to the fact soft drug usage is both legal and tolerated.

16. a-dam

a-dam Member

Unless something happens to stop implementation of the new law tourists will be banned from coffeeshops in all of Holland, including Amsterdam, starting in 2013.