dunkin' donuts coffee

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by kitty fabulous, May 20, 2004.

1. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

...is totally evil. i mean, it's not free trade, or organic and it's probably full of all kinds of pesticides, and chemically processed to boot, and who knows what's in the flavoring? plus the caffeine screws up your sleep cycle and raises blood pressure. but - and this is the really insidious thing - it tastes so good! i mean not like "real" coffee-snob coffee good, but "this is just the thing i want to be slurping down at midnight so i can stay up all night, and i know it's unhealthy, goddammit!" good! and all the artificial creamer and white processed sugar i pour into it just makes it fattening on top of just plain unhealthy, but...mmmmmmmmmmmm!

i do have to say however that their so-called lattes and cappuccinos suck!

2. makno

makno Senior Member

i used to grow coffee ....arabica doesnt need much ...but comercial robusto.....systemic pesticide,di -syston, not good !

3. kitty fabulous

where are you? my in-laws are in puerto rico, and i believe they grow both coffee and chocolate.

4. makno

makno Senior Member

i used to live in orocovis p.r.....theres a town there called cacao{chocolat tree}....now im in chattanooga tenn.

5. makno

makno Senior Member

ive lived neer delhi ny and in manhatten and brkln

6. makno

makno Senior Member

where do your inlaws live?barranquitas , morrovis ...thats coffeecountry

7. kitty fabulous

my mother-in-law lives in naranjito, and suresh was born in bayamon. (i've probably mis-spelled those.) suresh grew up in manhattan, however, and considers himself a new yorker. he moved back to p.r. when he was about 10, and hated it, cause i guess he went from metropolitan ny to a chicken farm in the middle of nowhere, and other kids made fun of him because he was part indian and spoke spanish with an accent. he left p.r. as soon as he finished high school, and i don't think he's been back since.

8. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

I keep trying to quit coffee and dairy and I just ate a ton of ice cream and enemies and had 4 cups of coffee and 5 cups of green tea(south american) today.
    Damn but I need a life and I refuse to work under normal socialized conditions. Trying to find a healthy community. They exist. I just have to remember there is a blackhole out there somewhere ending all light particles.

9. makno

makno Senior Member

naranjito means lil orange ....but in p.r. they call oranges chinas...they did come from china!....ill look it up tom ...its somewhere in cen mts,

10. kitty fabulous

have you ever had any of the non-dairy ice creams? some of them are horrid, but tofutti is so-o-o creamy! my kids like it better than "real" ice cream. seems to make more of a mess when it melts, too.

i'm lucky to live near my food co-op so i have access to organics and CSA and fair-trade coffee and chocolate and all kinds of healthy stuff. trouble is, the co-op closes at 8, and dunkin' donuts is open 24 hours.

um, sorry to hear about your light particles, dude.

is there anyone else awake at this hour, or are we the only losers here?

11. kitty fabulous

yeah, i think mommy (my mother-in-law) told me that. i guess their main thing is the chickens - suresh's grandfather raised fighting cocks. they grow just a little coffee, and suresh's grandmother makes homemade chocolate. i'm trying to get her to send me some unrefined cacao so i can make hot cocoa with a pinch of chili pepper, like they did in the movie chocolat.

mmm, yummy gypsy johnny depp! wouldn't mind licking the creamy filling out of his eclair!

12. makno

makno Senior Member

mmmmmm yum tofutti!!!

13. makno

makno Senior Member

montazuma drank choclat with chilles and they sweetened it with stevia!you used to be able to get a packet of the recipe whitch had a few other things init through of the jungle ....whitch became allies and somthing else they marketed it as montazumas secret....i cant find the name of the other co. but illtry

14. kitty fabulous

you know what else is good? those rice dream "dream pies." the mocha flavor. mmmm! all-natural junk food!

15. makno

makno Senior Member

rice dream .....way yummmm

16. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

"soy-delicous" very good stuff. Ice cream made from soy beans. The age we live in.....

17. AreYouExperienced

AreYouExperienced American Victim

That place always reeks of bacon if ya know what I'm gettin' at..

18. makno

makno Senior Member

how bout a chain of ...tweekin yo nuts... meth stands!

19. makno

makno Senior Member

or cokin ho sluts ...crack - prostitution stores

20. kitty fabulous

stevia, really? that sounds really good! i'd always heard chocolatl was unsweetened.

have you seen the movie chocolat, or read the book? the main character, vianne, was supposed to be of mayan decent. i love the movie because of the relationship between the off-beat mother and her 6-year-old kid. my son's 6, and said the mother in the movie reminded him of me. my favorite scene is when anouk, the daughter, is angry at vianne, the mother, because the other children pick on her because they're different. she yells at vianne, "why can't you wear black shoes like the other mothers?" that scene just reminded me of my kid. for awhile it was his favorite movie, even more than either harry potter film or shrek, which is saying a lot for a 6-year-old.

(um and johnny depp does make a re-e-eally sexy gypsy...actually i suspect he's supposed to be an irish traveller, by his accent, but that's not really made clear. at any rate, he's pretty hot!)