Dumb shit!

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by scratcho, Jul 2, 2013.

1. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

All this heat and talk about it made me think of something dumb my friends and I used to do. Mind you,I grew up(debatable) 30 miles south of Fresno where it gets REAL hot in the summer. Lots of canals around my hometown of Lemoore,so a bunch of us would park next to a canal in what was maybe 105 degrees--sometimes 110,shut all the car windows and everyone would light up cigs and puff the shit out of 'em and see who could last the longest before piling out and hitting the canal. I reckon it got to --just guessing now--160-180-degrees? By the time someone gave up,we were all really red-faced,coughing and slimy with sweat!![​IMG] Then everyone would jump in the cold,dirty water of the canal. It's a wonder some of us didn't have heart attacks.

Course I did plenty of other stupid shit,but--------anyone else have some stupid shit to relate?[​IMG]

2. slappysquirrel

slappysquirrel Senior Member

c'mon man lol wtf. at least you could've been smoking buds, you live in cali lol

oh well

3. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

That was the 50s. The only people that had buds then were (rumors now) the mexicans and Jazz musicians. I did smoke some in '58 but I was drunk so nothing really got me excited about it.

4. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed and Confused Staff Member Super Moderator

We used to go to a small concrete dam to wade in the water. Really nice place between a split four lane highway that went up into the PA mountains.

There were always people there in the summer with coolers of beer, wine flasks, blankets, and other assorted goodies. The state cops never bothered anyone.

The breast work was only about ten feet high with a spillway, so we would start at the bottom and see how far we could run up the spillway before we fell back down, sliding along the concrete.

At the top was a small pond on the little stream where you could swim, but people seldom did as there was a large intake pipe for the dam where the water normally flowed so it wouldn't overwhelm the dam. The problem was there was no grate over it so of course one of my buddies got sucked in one time.
    Traveled the entire length of the pipe underwater and popped out way downstream, still alive.

The dam is still there but nobody goes there anymore.

5. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

We use to swim in a sand pit that was private property. All the teens gathered there to swim and the cops would show up and we would scatter through the woods and hope that we were not found.

Not sure if the thrill was the swim or the flight. :)

6. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed and Confused Staff Member Super Moderator

Also on Sunday mornings we would go to the only mall in town, which was closed due to the old Blue laws that prohibited stores from being open on Sundays.

There was a fountain by the road so we'd get all messed up and then strip to our cut offs and splash around in the water. Then we'd go out onto the concrete median strip right there on the four lane high way and lay down to dry off.

We'd have about 6 to 10 hippie guys and chicks laying around while the cars whizzed by for a couple hours. No one ever bothered us.

7. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i used to love playing lawn darts

also shooting arrows straight up with a bow and waiting for them to come back down was fun