Duke and Duchess welcome baby boy

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by morrow, May 6, 2019.

1. morrow

morrow Visitor

A new royal baby..

It's A Boy! Meghan Markle And Prince Harry Welcome A Baby To The Royal Family

By Laurel Wamsley and Merrit Kennedy

NPR.org, May 6, 2019 ยท Updated at 11:33 a.m. ET

The latest royal baby has arrived.

Meghan Markle, who is married to Britain's Prince Harry, gave birth to the couple's first child early Monday. The baby boy weighed in at 7 pounds, 3 ounces. His name hasn't yet been announced.

The baby is "very healthy," Harry told reporters later in the day, adding that "mother and baby are doing incredibly well."

"It's been the most amazing experience that I could ever possibly imagine," the giddy new father said. "How any woman does what they do is beyond comprehension, but we're both absolutely thrilled."

Harry was "present for the birth" at 5:26 a.m. local time, Buckingham Palace said in a statement.

The palace added that royal family members "have been informed and are delighted by the news." Meghan's mother, Doria Ragland, is with the couple at Frogmore Cottage in Berkshire, and the palace says she is "overjoyed by the arrival of her first grandchild."

Harry said he and Meghan haven't yet decided on a name, as NPR's Frank Langfitt reports. The couple plan to live at Frogmore, which is the queen's weekend home outside London and the site of the couple's wedding.

The pregnancy had been shrouded in an unusual degree of secrecy. Buckingham Palace did not disclose where she would give birth or precisely when she was due.

Some fans of the royals said they were thrown into a tizzy every time the couple's Instagram accountposted a new photo, thinking it was a baby announcement. Commenters posted looking for hints: "A lot of blue going on in these photos. ... could it be a boy??????"

Buckingham Palace had hinted previously that Meghan and Harry would break from the recent tradition of posing for photos with the new baby outside the hospital. Instead, Harry and Meghan would share the news "once they have had an opportunity to celebrate privately."

Prince William and Kate Middleton have three children: George, Charlotte and Louis.

Meghan and Harry's baby is now seventh in the line of succession to the British throne. First is Prince Charles, followed by Prince William, his children, then Prince Harry and now the latest little bundle of Windsor joy.

Meghan and Harry, also known as the duchess and duke of Sussex, were married in May 2018. The former actress has brought new excitement to the royal family and a sense of change.

Many oddsmakers had their money on Meghan giving birth to a girl, and predicted Diana, Grace and Elizabeth as likely names.

Lynnbrown and GLENGLEN like this.
  2. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

So that's another little privileged sprog child who will live high on the hog for the rest of his feathered nest life, mostly at our expense.
    The Royal Family are breeding like ruddy rabbits at the moment.
    No worrying about the where the next rent or mortgage payment will come from for him.
    Mummy and Daddy and us will see to that.
    Still.
    They will be able to jet off all over the world with Uncle Air Miles Andy.
    That will be nice! :smile:

3. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Sometimes it just seems strange how the commoners who sneer at every (by their own votes chosen) politician as 'moneygrabbing fat cats' rejoice with the arrival of another royal member.

The king is dead! Long live the king!

5. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

[​IMG]

Hope he becomes a pilot like his papa .. that is all ..

Meliai likes this.
  7. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Mum And Bub Are Well......Harry Is Proud.....I'm So Happy For Them.....:tearsofjoy:

Cheers Glen.

Lynnbrown, Mallyboppa and morrow like this.
  8. morrow

morrow Visitor

It's great news... cant wait to see the little man.

9. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

Prince Harry was beaming.
    Such lovely news.

GLENGLEN likes this.
  10. Oh, isn't it just dreamy.

Joshua Tree likes this.
  11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I had a 14 hr day at work yesterday, was exhausted and went straight to sleep when I got home. So didnt even find out about it till this morning.

Why the secrecy? I miss sitting in front of the TV for ten hours waiting for them to bring the baby out, like with Will and Kate

12. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Portland Hospital where she gave birth, suites are 15,000 pounds a night.

What the hell costs 15,000 pounds? What you get towels made out of rhino horn fibers or something?

13. morrow

morrow Visitor

She gave birth at home VG... they wanted to be different, and let's face it, they are.
    Said we will see them in a few days. Typical actress lol. Drama queen! Just hurry up!

14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

It is that actually true?, seems to be comflicting reports in the media

I do like to get my gossip news from the Daily Mail admittedly, and If you cant trust the Daily Mail for the truth, who can you trust ;)

15. morrow

morrow Visitor

As per normal VG... some say one thing, some say another.. but I did get it from here, and the announcement.. but some are saying she went into hospital, although not what hospital..

Buckingham Palace said that Meghan gave birth at 5:26 a.m. and that her mother, Doria Ragland, was with thenew parents at their home, Frogmore Cottage. The newborn boy weighed 7 pounds, 3 ounces, the royal couple wrote on Instagram; a name had not been chosen yet.10 hours ago

But who cares, little harry is here, and I bet he will be cute!

16. morrow

morrow Visitor

17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

18. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

19. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Is it actually Archie or Archibald?

I dont mind Archie.

Seems already little dude has a black persons nose, so there should be enough flavour in there to make him interesting even though he looks a little on the whitish side

20. morrow

morrow Visitor

He is Archie they say.. he has colour in him.. they both have very long noses..
    Babys noses dont develop until they are about 2... but he does look a beautiful baby!
    She sure is making change to the royal family.. way to go megan!
    She also walked like it hurt! Lol welcome to the real world lol

She looks tired..