Drying Your Hair

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by is....is it in yet?, Apr 22, 2007.

1. is....is it in yet?

is....is it in yet? Member

How do you guys dry your hair? Do you guys blow dry it or rap it in a towel or just leave it be? I have been wraping it in a towel because i think that the towel soaks up some of the water but it doesnt feel right to me. For those who just let their hair air dry does it get all musty? Whats better?
    Also my whole head of hair tends to go twards my face like if my face was a magnet and the tips of my hair are magnetic meaning everything i see is hairy. The only way i can keep it out of my face is with a beanie or hat. How do you guys make those wraps because i need to let my head breath.
    Any advise would be appreciated

2. bunjies

bunjies Member

one of my wraps is the sleeve of a tee shirt that i just cut off, the other is a section from the leg of a pair of kiddies trousers.
    classy!

3. WorldPeace

WorldPeace Senior Member

After washing I wrap them in a towel for about an hour, then most of the dripping is gone and I let them dry in the air. Blowdrying doesn't work, unless you want to hold the blowdryer high for an hour orso :p

4. Slang

Slang Banned

Use a towel to get most of it squeezed out, then let it air dry. But mine are pretty thin, so it doesn't take too long.

5. shedtroll

shedtroll Peace, Love & Linux

I just pad them with a towel then let'em fry on their own.

6. is....is it in yet?

is....is it in yet? Member

hey thanks for the replies everyone. Now I'm off to wash my head

7. Caelynn

Caelynn Yellow Butterfly

i usually shower in the morning so my hair has all day to drip dry. dries fairly fast though :) specially when it is windy.... i cant wait until its warmer to see how fast it dries then!

8. knotdirty

knotdirty Over the Rainbow

Blowdriers only work on the outside "shell", for that the blowdrier's pretty effective. I hate sitting there with a blowdrier though.

I let it airdry...I want to start getting out in the sun though, now that it's warmer. Mmm, rays.

9. wanderin_blues

wanderin_blues Banned

i wrap mine in a towel for a half hour or so and then let them airdry. they dont drip this way. mine dry fairly quickly because theyre short.

10. dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob peace lily

well first I wring them out (like a wash cloth) then I squeeze them with a towel then I just let them air dry.

11. knotdirty

Uggghhh, related to this...I went to bed with my hair still damp the other night. BAD AMBER! I mean I slept with my head on a towel, but still...

That's the only thing I really hate about dreads. Drying. Oh and separating. Grr.

12. come_do_drawrings

come_do_drawrings Jaime

I like to shake em like a dog... then let them drip away if theres anything left... love to get my kids and fiance with them.... muhahaha

13. knotdirty

that made me smile. :)

I always get the urge to do that when I step out of the shower.