DRUM CIRCLE - Myrtle Beach, SC

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by Popa Rabbit, May 20, 2007.

1. Popa Rabbit

Popa Rabbit Member

For anyone in the area who may be interested, there is a drum circle in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina that meets on a monthly basis at Myrtle Beach State Park. Good people and good vibes... Here's the link:

http://www.geocities.com/MBdrumcircle/

2. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

awesome... i may check it out. I live in greenville so it's a good 2 hour drive but... wth

3. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

I would be coming with my boyfriend. He use to be on the drum line in high school and he has some pretty good beats. He would so dig it. I'm actually pretty excited!

4. Popa Rabbit

Popa Rabbit Member

Most welcome kind soul...

5. Popa Rabbit

Popa Rabbit Member

Remember, as the site says: (especially if you are coming from a distance)...

drum circles in June & July are all day celebrations!

6. dollydagger

dollydagger Needle to the Groove

hey! i'm just down the road myself in charleston.............

7. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

I'm pretty sure I will be coming to either the next one or the next! I'm really excited. I just have to get my boyfriend into it... he's a work-aholic and I'm not sure he'll be willing to take off for us to go gallavanting down the beach! He's a pain...

8. Popa Rabbit

Popa Rabbit Member

Come on... !

9. Popa Rabbit

Popa Rabbit Member

Greetings!

Our next drum circle is going to be a special all day event. One of our members (at his personal expense) has reserved the #6 shelter for our use for the next 3 gatherings. So this Saturday June 2, will be the first of three All Day Drum Circle Celebrations!

Since this will be an all day event, we would like to make it a "potluck" gathering. We are asking everyone to bring a covered dish (of food) to share. David will be bringing enough charcoal to keep the grill running all day. We have one folding table that we will be bringing, but if anyone else has one that they could bring, it would help out. If you are planning on bringing something with mayo (or other ingredients that may spoil if left out), you may want to consider putting it in several smaller containers so that the reserve ones could be placed in a cooler until needed.

We will start gathering around noon and plan to drum until 9:45pm. A full day at the beach with friends, food, good conversations and of course, lots & lots of drumming!
    This is right on the ocean and the vibes are great...

Usual info:

What to bring: covered dish to share in the potluck, chairs or blankets, friends, musical instruments or household items that you can use as musical instruments, beverages. Please remember that the park officials frown on visible alcohol containers and prohibit glass containers. If you do decide to bring alcohol: 1) please be responsible 2) please take bottles & cans with you when you leave to recycle at home--don't place in trash by our shelter.. that makes us guilty of breaking the park laws of no alcohol/no glass in the park and we might be asked to leave!

Please, no smoking in the shelter. We have several children, at least one pregnant woman, and many people who are allergic to smoke that attend the drum circle. Please be considerate of others.

How to find us: We will be in the #6 picnic shelter at the Myrtle Beach State Park. The MB State Park is located on Business 17, on the south end of the city of Myrtle Beach, near the airport and the old air base. Once at the park, please stop and pay the proper admission fee at the gate house - $4.00. (Or just get an annual SC State Park pass that is good for 12 months and for an entire car load of friends. Park passes are usually available at any county library for $35.) After admission to park, proceed past the park office. The road will split off to the left, but stay straight and head towards the fishing pier and ocean. Turn right at the ocean/fishing pier and drive through the fishing pier parking lot and continue to the last picnic shelter on the right.

Upcoming Drum Circles:
    June 2-- #6 shelter reserved for all day celebration, starting at noon

June 30-- 4 Year Anniversary!!! #6 shelter reserved for all day celebration, starting at noon

July 28-- #6 shelter reserved for all day celebration, starting at noon

August 25- regular drum circle hours 6pm-9:45pm

September 29- regular drum circle hours 6pm-9:45pm

October 27- regular drum circle hours 6pm-9:45pm

November & December dates are up in the air right now as they fall near holidays. We will make a determination as they draw nearer to see what day everyone wants to gather.

Other websites: www.geocities.com/MBdrumcircle and www.MBdrumcircle.com

10. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

Sounds fun.
    Talking to my boyfriend still. I really would like to be there for the 4 year anniversary! He says that he has to work and already takes off too much time. Plus, he doesn't see the point in driving to the beach for a day then coming home (he doesn't want to have to sleep in a hotel!!! Costs money!) So, I'm still working on it! I REALLY want to be there though.

11. Popa Rabbit

Popa Rabbit Member

Understandable... Hopefully we'll see you there... !

12. Popa Rabbit

Popa Rabbit Member

MYRTLE BEACH DRUM CIRCLE – FOUR YEAR ANNIVERSARY!

Our last drum circle was a success…! Despite the weather… We wrapped the (very accommodating) shelter in tarps, and drummed right through a tropical storm on the beach and had a great time with food and friends…

Our next Full Moon Drum Circle will be the Four Year Anniversary Celebration on June 30th and it will be an all day / potluck event starting at 12 noon to 9:45pm in the usual place on the beach at the Myrtle Beach State Park – shelter #6 !

Everyone is invited! Bring drums, shakers, flutes, tambourines, bells or any musical instrument. If you don’t have an instrument just bring yourself and enjoy the vibes… Don’t worry if you’ve never done anything like this before… If you have a heartbeat, you can drum. Just close your eyes and feel the beat and/or move your feet! Maybe one of the girls will even teach you a few belly dance moves! Join in on the drumming or sit back and meditate to the soothing rhythms!

Admission to the park is $4.00 for adults 16 and up, $1.50 for kids 6-15 and free for kids 5 and under… Year round passes for the car-load are available at all Horry County libraries…

Visit Us Online at:

www.myspace.com/MBdrumcircle

www.geocities.com/MBdrumcircle

For More info, email:
    MBdrumcircle@yahoo.com

13. PlaceboAddikt

PlaceboAddikt Paranoia!

hmhm, i would loooove to come to one of these, and i like to take trips to myrtle beach at least twice a summer. I live in Virginia, so it's not too far. I'll probably be going with my boyfriend, who is a sitar/guitar/harmonica player... Is that okay? i mean, i know it's a drum circle...

14. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

posted in too many forums...

15. Popa Rabbit

Popa Rabbit Member

Your presence is most welcome, come as/who you are - hippy trails....

16. Popa Rabbit

Popa Rabbit Member

Big success... The four year anniversary drum circle was great. A 70% chance of rain turned into sunny skies, a rainbow and a big full orange moon over the ocean - and great times with good people on the beach. Good food, laughing kids and great vibes were everywhere. Fire spinners and drummers came down from Wilmington and the belly dancers were great. Next event is an another all day event on July 28th - please join us for the great vibes... !

17. Popa Rabbit

Popa Rabbit Member

Just wanted to let you know that the Myrtle Beach Full Moon Drum Circle, monthly drum circle will start around 4pm on Saturday Dec 13 and will last until 7:45pm. We will most likely meet in one of the other beach shelters, north of the fishing pier. Just look and listen for us.

www. myspace. com/mbdrumcircle

www. geocities. com/mbdrumcircle

18. Drackni

Drackni Member

I wish i could go :( but i live in england

19. dith

dith Guest

Hi there,
    May I ask few question in here.

I am planning to hold a "Drum circle" too!(but in Hong Kong) (For my project reasech)
    From this campaign, I want the teenagers to understand how important to making friends in face-to-face but not in the internet world.

Do you think this is gonna be work? (Drum circle)
    And can this event spread the message of LOVE?

20. Popa Rabbit

Popa Rabbit Member

We're into our 10th year here at Myrtle Beach and the community is coming alive and growing strong. We even have a burn community up and growing as well ! The next Myrtle Beach Drum Circle will be Saturday, February 23rd at the Myrtle Beach State Park (adult admission is $5 into the park only) and is an all-day, pot-luck event. We have the huge fireplace shelter reserved for us all day. Here is the new link and one also to our Hip Community and Cooperative Page. Welcome home !

http://www.************/home.php?sk=group_322879897682

http://www.************/MyrtleBeachHipCommunityAndCooperative