Drugs make you unconscious????

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by aesther, Mar 12, 2008.

1. aesther

aesther Member

Most anti-drug campaigns adhere to the axiom that drugs make you less conscious as a human being.

My experience of smoking weed and some other drugs usually make me feel Loving.

Now, I've heard from essentially every religion, and there about 300 of them -- that Love is consciousness, and that to be conscious is to be in love

Now since I don't use drugs for a while, I have many feelings of anger. it comes out of nowhere.

This may have been a problem beforehand that the weed was covering.
    However, from my experience drugs(esp. weed) makes you more Conscious because it makes you feel loving.

Comments? I mean wouldn't you love to feel that love and euphoria all the time?
    How to bring that feeling to everyday experience, besides smokin?
    Cuz when I'm not high i can only "think" about that euphoria and Love...I don't really Feel it as a mood or emotion it's just a string of thoughts of how I felt.
    comments suggestions?

2. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

drugs is a huge term, drugs can certainly make you unconceise
    weed is an herb, as an herb it can make you experience a higher conceisness
    but can you say that crack has the samje effect?
    much of the problems with drugs and drug education is that all drugs get lumped together into 1 generalized thing..drugs are bad..mmmmkay?

but herb, ganja..the sacred herb, the healling of the nations..cannot be lumped into such a mold

3. WanderingSoul

WanderingSoul Free

No suggestions, I just really like the way you put that.

4. Magical Fire Lady

Magical Fire Lady Senior Member

I think the problem with the anti-drug campaigns is that illegal drugs mean bad drugs. But thats definitely not the case. They don't give a shit that kids are dying from alcohol and prescription pills... no no no.

I'd say some drugs make you more conscious, higher conscious, like acid and shrooms and weed and you see things more and in a different way and wider... ya know?
    Though yeah some drugs are bad for your mind of course..

5. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

The catch is that you should be able to acheive the blissful state without the drugs. Drugs "alter" perceptions (whether good or bad depends on the intent I suppose) and one is not truely at peace if they cannot meditate and achieve the results without them. The bigger question would be why can you not have love for your fellow man without them?

Where is Relayer? :)

6. MelvnDoo

MelvnDoo Member

look into Andrew Weil - i assure you, he´s right up your alley.

his first book was "The Natural Mind." it´s all about different ways at look at what drugs are and what they do (and dont do). he also highlights natural highs. things like eating mangos, seeing a total solar eclipse (btw, it´s govt. propaganda that you´re not suppose to look at a solar eclipse. you totally can, and should!), etc. i did a total 180º in my think about drugs after this book.

when you´re high, try to concentrate on that feeling of love and see where it´s coming from. if you open your heart, it´s always there. you just gotta learn how to access it.

7. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

Thanks my man!
    -Bill

8. Magical Fire Lady

Magical Fire Lady Senior Member

For some reason I don't meditate as often as I'd like... heh.. but yeah when I do I feel like I'm high it is pretty awesome... My head gets all warm and pulsing and I feel blissful. Its weird but cool.

9. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

uhh... govt propaganda says dont look at a solar eclipse?? i believe the reason your not supposed to look at a solar eclipse is because mass amounts of ultraviolet radiation are not good for your retinas.

10. MelvnDoo

MelvnDoo Member

if you do read "The Natural Mind," read "The Marriage of the Sun and Moon" right after. the two books complement each other. plus "The Marriage..." will blow your socks off. here´s a couple of excerpts:

"Consider this: By an extraordinary coincidence, the sun and moon appear to us to be the same size in the sky. The suns vast distance from us exactly compensates for its much greater diameter, so that it appears no bigger than the moon. If this relationship did not hold, total eclipses of the sun would not occur. Human consciousness had developed on the one planet where the lights that rule day and night are equal."

"The eclipses suggested to me a model of consciousness I found very useful. I took the sun and moon as symbols of the two spheres of the mind, and a total eclipse as the symbol of a union that produces transcendent states."

when the sun is fully eclipsed, it´s blocked out. the earth is completely within the shadow of the moon. you´re not able to look directly at the sun´s light. there is the "corona" that´s still visible, but i dont think that could do any harm

11. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

if you would read a little bit about it, youd realize that the sun is not always completely obscured by the moon because both the moon's orbit around the earth and the earth's orbit around the sun are elliptical. the distances fluctuate from time to time. total eclipses are rare and even during a total eclipse the sun is only fully covered up for a few seconds.
    how is this a natural high? i dont see how one would get high from staring at the sun.

12. aesther

aesther Member

Anybody ever seen the movie PI?
    Dude stares at the sun for a long ass time and something happens to him . . .