drug tests for jobs?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by TylerPittman19, Jun 12, 2008.

1. TylerPittman19

TylerPittman19 Member

I just turned 16 today and I plan to look for a job around town at a fast food resteraunt such as McDonalds or Wendys or a store such as Hawkins or something. To get a job at any of them places do I need to take a drug test. Also I hear you need to get a workers permit from the school, do you need to take a drug test to do that? If so, i may have to quit for awhile.

Also, I only weigh 105 pounds and I dont have any fat on me and I am REALLY skinny, if I drink 2-5 red jak energy drinks, two gulps of vinager, a glass of water with a drop of bleach in it and 2 gallons of water, how long will it take for it to exit my body?

thank you

2. chewydewy

chewydewy Member

dont drink bleach ther are many threads on this just search

3. †ù®Ké¥ š†ûƒƒïñg

†ù®Ké¥ š†ûƒƒïñg Eminent Herbalist

yea dont drink bleach drink gasoline.

...wdf is up with kids these days.

4. dibbo69

dibbo69 Fuck em all

More and more places are doing drug testing-funny that they choose to test people that work with food yet not doctors or cops.

Where I live one of the reasons so many places are now testing is because the legislature passed a bill that allows businesses to get a discount on their insurance if they test potential employees before hiring them.

5. vegetable_man

vegetable_man Member

Just drink lots of water and take lots of vitamin B

I'm 150 pounds and I had to take a drug test for the job that I have now.
    They kinda just said, "you have a drug test on Monday, "
    And I was smoking everyday, so I drank lot's of water and took my vitamins all that weekend, and passed.

THC is stored in your fat cells. If your relativly skinny, or have low body fat, you should be just fine.

PS. Stop smokeing for a couple days too.

6. neodude1212

neodude1212 Senior Member

I'm about 99% sure that mcdonalds or wendy's or any fast food joint wont drug test you man.

7. Blind_Melon_Chitlin'

Blind_Melon_Chitlin' Member

I don't know about all McDonalds' but the one I work at doesnt test you.

8. Cavale

Cavale Member

Work at a pizza place.

9. Flashback

Flashback Member

I've always refused to work at places that infringe on a person's privacy by drug testing.Unless it's a job that could put other people's lives at risk,companies should not have a legal right to drug test.

10. neodude1212

neodude1212 Senior Member

and if no one's life is at risk, most companies wont drug test. Which is why I think it's highly unlikely that he will be drug tested at a fast food joint. I've worked at a few, and they never drug tested me.

11. ahimsa

ahimsa Senior Member

", if I drink 2-5 red jak energy drinks, two gulps of vinager, a glass of water with a drop of bleach in it and 2 gallons of water, how long will it take for it to exit my body?"

It will exit your body in approximately 30 seconds when you puke it back up. Don't try it.

Unless you plan on quitting for a time, passing a drug test is all about diluting your urine. There is no magic pill to sccrub your body of THC. Rather, you are taking things to flush your system(cranberry, niacin, etc) and watering down your uring by ddrinking tons of fluid. There's a reason almost all those detox things say to drink upwards of a gallon of water or more with them. The vitamins are there to keep your electrolytes in check and make the pee yellow.

IMHO, you'd probably be okay just drinking a bunch of water, laying off the herb for a few days, and taking some multivits.

12. sirbongzalot

sirbongzalot Member

Drink tons of water until you're pissing clear spring water right before the test.

13. thomyorke

thomyorke Member

subway doesnt test haha

14. dutch17

dutch17 Member

they aren't going to test you. if mcdonalds and other fast food places tested potential employees they would never find a sufficient work force. ive worked many jobs, life guard, waiter, kitchen staff, landscaping, coffee barrista, none of which have ever even mentioned a drug test. if they drug tested the kitchen staff where i work now everyone would get fired. lol

15. prissbaby

prissbaby creepy

subway, ahhhhh, my first job ever

16. dubie

dubie Member

i needed a work permit for caddying. All i did was have my counselor at school sign it.

17. smokem420

smokem420 Members

Does diamond shamrock drug test?

18. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  19. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

DAMN!
    ya beat me to it.

20. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Most low skill entry level jobs will drug test you. Trust me the human resources department of those companies job is to make a lot of assumptions about the sort of person you are but to do so in a way that is not profiling which could lead to lawsuits. That is what goes in an interview. And one of the assumptions about low skilled workers is that they probably do drugs. They are young and immature or old and have made bad decisions. This is why they are applying for a low skilled job and why the probably use drugs. Human resources also assumes a high employee is a dangerous employee.

You hurt yourself and they drug test you they have no responsibility for workmen's compensation. But if you hurt a client or their property that is a huge potential for a lawsuit. And again a lot of what they do is prevent law suites. People sue other people for any stupid and minor reason in America. Once you are applying for jobs that require a college degree a company is less willing to undertake the expense of drug testing. They still sometimes do though.

I agree, only in America does an employer feel they are entitled to have a sample of your bodily waste to judge if what you put in it meets their standards. It's kind of sick and ridiculous when you really think about it. And it's all done for weed. It's the most commonly used drug and it's the only one that sticks around longer then a few days. Without weed I just don't see them willing to spend the money on it and those tests are not cheap.

1 person likes this.