Drug testing in the more liberal and open minded areas of america?

Discussion in 'Drug Testing and Legal Issues' started by forestdude, Jan 27, 2005.

1. forestdude

forestdude Member

I was wondering if where you live could have a major effect on rather or not you get drug tested? I live in a fairly conservative area and lots of places but not all, drug test.
    This question is exspecially directed to people who live in liberal open minded places like seattle, san francisco, vermont, oregon etc, do many employers in these areas drug test?
    thanks for any information given.

2. AT98BooBoo

AT98BooBoo Senior Member

My bro works in health care in VT and he has never gotten tested. Here in Kans-ass and Miseri oops I mean Missouri about the only places that don't test are restaraunts. The mid-west sucks!

3. dhs

dhs Senior Member

I live in Vermont too. They are extremely lax with drug tests up here. If most companies drug tested they would have a seriously difficult time finding applicants. People don't really tolerate that kind of invasion of privacy up here.

4. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

I can only tell you that in Florida employers get a 5% discount on workers comp insurance if they drug test AND the state pays for the test.

Whose our govenor again?

5. psychoactive321

psychoactive321 Member

yea last i checked the sunshine state was a red state, what a shame. I got drug tested for winn dixie, tested positive for morphine and weed, and the manager decided to look the other way. not everyone cares what one does in the privacy of there own home. they do like the 5% discount thou

6. oOflyeyesOo

oOflyeyesOo Member

Good ol' Bush.

I live in south florida and everywhere drug tests pretty much cept places that dont pay for shit. Im thinking of applying at circuit city but im pretty sure they will drug test.

7. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

Most nicer resturants don't test. They know thier employees NEED to get high!

8. robostiltzkin

robostiltzkin Member

I used to work in california and every job i applied for required a drug test. Then I moved to taxachusetts and pretty much the same. Then maryland (fed-land), and believe me, there's a lot of pissing into little cups there as well (even dead end, warehouse jobs, and restaurants). I really don't think it matters. Don't let the colors on the map fool you-republicrats, demicans, they're all the same to me--fascists. Some just want to spend more of my money, some just want to take more of my freedom. Anyone who thinks there's a real difference is fooling themselves. When you vote for president, it's the choice between Puppet 'A' and Puppet 'B'. Same goes for congress, governor, delegates, mayor, dogcatcher, etc., etc.