dropping out

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by shhhhh im talking, Jan 16, 2005.

1. shhhhh im talking

shhhhh im talking Member

2. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

hahahh YES

until homeschooling was an option . :D :eek:

3. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Homeschooling... Aside from getting into music and all, it was best thing I've ever done for myself... :) I'm never going back. I'd rather be happy than bend to their way.

4. shhhhh im talking

shhhhh im talking Member

5. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

I have concidered dropping out on and off since around the end of 10th grade. The only thing keeping me there is the music, ceramics, and the friendly people. Besides, it would be pointless to drop out now when i only have one semster to go.

6. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I didn't give my parents an option... and they really didn't mind... of course, my mom did, but my dad actually helped me because she really didn't understand it... as far as friends go, I really only have two... they're siblings and I've known them since I was two... their parents used to babysit me and they know my parents. I really don't care for anyone else and if I really wanted to, I could probably meet people just around town. They have social organizations/gatherings for homeschooling... I started going to one, but really didn't need to... they just sat around and talked and such... pretty much like we do on here... :p no dress code, and I can do work in pajamas if I want and go barefoot... there's no set times, I can do work at night when my parents are asleep and there's no noise... radio on... etc... plus there isn't a whole lot of work to do, so I have lots of time for things like painting, writing, music... etc. When I do have work, I usually sit here and post on the forums/read courses at the same time...

7. prism

prism :o

No, mainly because my ever-so understanding parents *:rolleyes:*would equate me as a fuck-up for life, considering that my brother dropped out of high school and all....so...yeah. And you know what's ironic? My father was validictorian of his college class.

8. DeadheadHippieForPea

DeadheadHippieForPea Member

i have felt like just dropping out and going on a long road trip...to go to a bunch of dead and string cheese shows and to just have a good time..but then i realised i can do that during the summer and i should just get school over with....also knowing im going to my dream college next year has helped me deal with all the assholes in my school..lol..peace and love

9. guitarslinger

guitarslinger Schwa

It all depends on what your goin to do with all the time. I have friends who dropped out that are alot more succesfull than me right now, but then i have others who dropped out and are still doin the same thing they were 4 years ago. If you do make something out of it cause there are more oppurtunties out there than you think for somebody willing to dedicate all that extra time to them.

10. Takemenow

Takemenow Senior Member

I never droped out but i kinda quit going..for my grade 10 and 11 year i was busy running around being stupid and didnt go to very many classes. summer befor grade 12 i decided that i wanted to graduate with my class and went to summer school which was alot of fun.

11. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

i did :D

wait.. i didnt DROP out, i.... er.. dropped in to homeschooling.....:H

12. clockworkorangeagain

clockworkorangeagain femme fatale

well i never wanted to drop out of school, because education was important to me - meaning going to university...
    but i quit uni for a yr wehn i was under a lot of stress...and just had some fun again!
    Now i have one yr left and am going to slog my way through and aprreciate that i had the opportunity

13. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

I've thought about it, but I wouldn't like it very much if I did it.