Dried San Pedro Tissue

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by eurohim, Mar 4, 2005.

1. eurohim

eurohim Member

I always wanted to try mescaline, so I ordered up a bit of dried San Pedro tissue from an online distributor that shall remain nameless. What I'm wondering, is it advisable to chop it into small pieces and put a layer of cookie dough (yeah, great stuff) on the outside and swallow it like a pill in an effort to down it all in the least assaulting way? Will I lose effect doing this? It seems most boil it and reduce it down to a green goo. That sounds way nasty to me.

2. Schlüßelberg

Schlüßelberg Member

My advice is to take a couple dramamine, then grind what you have into a fine powder with a coffee grinder. Burn a teaspoon at a time, and follow it IMMEDIATELY with some liquid. Otherwise the stuff gels up (natural polymers, which help the plant retain water.) A friend on Mars tells me that 20 grams of some T. peru incense smoked up the whole room. Ya dig?

3. eurohim

eurohim Member

Did you just say to smoke it?

4. gnrm23

gnrm23 Senior Member

no, but some vendors sell it as incense or smudge-stuff (or even potpourri)...

if you actually drink it or eat it you may be violating state or federal laws, or so i hear...

5. eurohim

eurohim Member

Ah, I would never want to do that.

6. gnrm23

gnrm23 Senior Member

okay then...

there are a variety of methods for getting the stuff ingested...
    anything from:
    hey, look at the dried cactus chips - 20 grams doesn't look like that much to nibble down - & you can take an hour or two, & have some OJ or grapefruit juice to rinse the taste outa yr mouth (& sanpedro-stuff is not as nasty tasting as peyote!)
    cooking that slimy tea down to a tar & encapsulating the tar...
    doing an A/B extraction & recrystalization... (& getting anything from a sandy-looking crude alkaloid mix to 99.9% pure mescaline hydrochloride or mescaline hemi-sulfate crystals...)
    extracting into ethanol & doing shots of cactus booze... (hmmmm, cactus jello shots?)
    extracting into any number of solvents & getting semi-pure extracts upon drying out...

yaddayadaa/gnrmi