Dreamweaver CS3 help

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by NoxiousGas, Jun 7, 2013.

1. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Any Dreamweaver gurus out there?

What I want to know is if I can assign a specific css style to only one instance of a spry asset.
    What I am attempting to do is nest one tabbed panels instance within another tabbed panel.

It works just fine except that they are both using the same style sheet and as a result the nested panel isn't filling the parent content panel completely.

The main tabbedpanels css is set for a max width of 80% of the main content area which is perfect for a consistent display across various resolutions.
    What I need is to have one css style sheet for the nested panel with a width set to 100% so it fills the parent content panel fully.
    As it is the nested panel only fills 80% of the parent panel and it looks like crap.

So far I only see how to attach it to a page or all assets but not a specific spry asset without effecting all of them.

Any suggestions?:confused:

2. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

:(
    30+ views and not a single response.

Nobody else here uses Dreamweaver?

Skip?

anybody???

HELLO..., anybody out there??

I feel so alone and forsaken....:bigcry:

3. lively_girl

lively_girl Member

When do you need it? I have never worked with Dreamweaver, but I might have some idea how to do it in a .php file.

4. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

There are other survivors!!:hurray:
    The Spry assets are java script with default style sheets attached. They work fairly well, but have their limitations.

Hmmm, hadn't considered php.
    It's been a couple years since I tinkered with php, but I'm gonna give it a whirl. I created some multi-page forms with nested content pages using php. Time to dig up those files again.

Thanks for the idea.:2thumbsup:

5. lively_girl

lively_girl Member

Np, glad I could help ;)

6. Lekkerding

Lekkerding Guest

Have you tried using unique filenames (one for each spry) with something like a integer value at the end (added in the javascript) ?

I use DW3 but it has nothing to do with JS itself. It just allows you to type it up in there. Either have unique ID references in your single CSS or use seperate CSS files per JS function/instance.

PHP can do it all btw but does not allow any clientside scripting unless you make it dump some javascript again (from within your PHP doc).

GL.

LD

7. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Aha!!!
    Your suggestion forced me to check the css, js, and html line by line and I'm pretty sure I can do it with a few additions to the css and a couple of edits to the js & html.
    :2thumbsup:

Thanks for the suggestions, sometimes another perspective helps to see what is right in front of your eyes :eek:

I've been a little burned out and was at this point :banghead:

too tired to mess with it right now, but will post results tomorrow.

8. lively_girl

lively_girl Member

Good luck :)

9. Lekkerding

Lekkerding Guest

JS seldom places nice so when you are stuck with a piece that is related to JS then take a breather and comb through the code. GL!

LD