Dream Theatre

Discussion in 'Music' started by TheLittleOne, May 20, 2004.

1. TheLittleOne

TheLittleOne Senior Member

Anyone like them? i looooove them. they rock so much. oooooommmmmmmmmmmgggggggooooooood.
    they have such a different sound. i dont know much about them, except that they're amazing. jesus...some songs are chilled out and relaxing...some are complex and loud, with screaming and such emotion. some just make you wanna break out of your own skin.
    check them out if you know what's good for you!
    my fav song is 'as i am' goooodd soooonnng people! take my advice, check them out. peace. :)

2. TheLittleOne

aw, come on people...i get no reaction?

3. nightmarehippygirl

nightmarehippygirl LEVI'S MOMMY

my hubby likes em, but as my sig file says, they make me throw up a little. they remind me of rush.

4. ImmortalDissident

ImmortalDissident Senior Member

I used to absolutely hate them. Over the years I've become more accepting and I own one CD and listen to it occasionally. I don't own Six Degrees... or Images and Words which are the two CDs that actually have the songs I'd prefer to listen to on them.

5. TheLittleOne

dude....they rock

6. keng123

keng123 Member

7. Velouria

Velouria Member

They rock. I don't see how they sound anything like Rush aside from the fact that they are both prog rock bands. Dream Theater fans should definitely check out Avenged Sevenfold. They sound a lot like them but with a better singer.

8. TheLittleOne

A7X is ok, it's kinda...too fast for me....but they're aight

9. TheDoorsOfPerception

TheDoorsOfPerception Member

I own one of their cds. My then boyfriend was telling me to check them out.So, I did.. and I liked some of the songs.

Oh yeah, "thelittleone" I love the pic in your signature. That is blind melon right? I love blind melon.

10. TheLittleOne

yep, i love that pic. its so colorful

11. Azura_Mist

Azura_Mist Member

I got into Dream Theater after being recommended them by fans of Blind Guardian and Rush, two of my favorite bands. I own Images and Words and you're right about how some songs are so relaxed and subtle and others just rip your soul from your body and twist your brain with complexity. I want to get Scenes from a Memory as I've heard that's another great album.

12. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

Oooo, I love Dream Theatre!! :) I saw them live on a rock festival a couple of years ago, that was awesome.

13. TheLittleOne

i would kill to see them live. what's yall's favorite songs? mine are caught in a web and as i am.

14. paradigm

paradigm Member

I love Dream Theater, though I must admit that I'm not a great big fan of their singer. Some music to check out is Liquid Tension Experiment.. it has all of the great musicianship of Dream Theater without the singer. The songs jam out sooo hard. Petrucci really rocks it on this album.

As far as a favorite song, I would have to go with Dance of Eternity or Ytse Jam.

15. TheLittleOne

i've grown on avenged sevenfold lately, lol. and i've like Liquid Tension for a while, too. great rock bands, period.

16. ArtistofPeace

ArtistofPeace Senior Member

Dream Theater is my FAVORITE band!!! Ah, don't get me started. They are god...period.

(TheLittleOne...how can you love DT, and spell their name "theatre?!" haha)

Oh...and I saw them live a few months ago in Philly. Oh my god, I'm not even lying when I say it was the most amazing experience in my entire life...:) They are AWESOME live!!! John Petrucci is god...Mike Portnoy...god, he's amazing...John Myung...beautiful as always...James...haha, he's great...and Jordan...well, he's durpy, but he's still cool...:) All DT fans should see them live at least once in their lives!

17. TheLittleOne

18. ArtistofPeace

ArtistofPeace Senior Member

Haha...I wasn't trying to be a bitch...I was just messing around.

It's funny because DT hates when people mispell their name like that. In the slip cover of one of Fates Warning's albums, they put a thanks to Dream Theater, but they mispelled it "Theatre." So in the slip cover of "Images and Words," DT wrote a special thanks to "Fatez Warnning" as a joke back at them...haha.

19. TheLittleOne

lol.

who do you like better? fate's warning or shadow gallery?