Dream about death, close friend died soon after.

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by zepp_head, May 27, 2013.

1. zepp_head

zepp_head Guest

Okay, so I've been going through a rough time in my life, with schizophrenia and things, and one night a week or two ago I had a dream about death.
    More specifically, I had a dream that I visited a place where I had been mentally (or spiritually) before I started having a rough time with all these adolescent problems. Then I started walking away from that place, and just then two people walked out of the little house across the clearing from where I was standing, and then I noticed the person hanging from the tree, which I had noticed before they walked out but didn't think anything of it. They walked over to the child hanging from the tree and slit its throat. I started running away from that place, because I was scared and wanted to just run away. But the older person caught up to me and grabbed me and just as I woke up they cut my throat.

So that was my dream about my own murder.
    Then, a couple days later, I was chilling with one of my friends at his place, and he told me that someone had died at the lighthouse, a drop-in centre in town. He told me who it was, and it turns out it was a good friend and Christian brother of mine.

Any thoughts about these strange ordinances?

2. lostkid

lostkid Member

Same exact thing happened to me in May. I even posted the dream I had here on these forums before it happened.

Another friend I had lost told me in my dream, not to be afraid of death. And those who die could come back at any time, but don't ever think about it because it's so peaceful.

The next week (May 31), my other friend died right next to me when we were sleeping.

I think she was warning me.

3. That stuff is scary. Really...creeps me out just reading about it and thinking about it.

*shudders*

4. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I agree, AT. The times I've dreamed of murder, that was terrible.

But I've also had some not-bad death dreams, if that makes sense. Several times I've dreamed about being at a funeral or a visitation for one...and someone is always pregnant in r/l.

I kid not. :)

5. Did you know the person(s) were pregnant before you had the dream or find out (soon?) afterwards or something?
    I had dreams about both of my cats (the one I told you about and another one we had to put to sleep) telling me that they were not really dead, that they were still here in some level...something about it just really still seems real to me. Maybe it was about their animal spirits..

And yes, the dreams I have had involving murders have been horrifying. I don't have dreams about that often but the times that I have I feel that I probably, right away, block out something about the dream because I don't want to know?

6. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Nah, I never knew ahead of time...one time I knew it was this girl I worked with because she was so HAPPY in the dream (at the visitation for a funeral). BUT she was supposedly on birth control. When I told her about it at work the next day and told her it could mean she was pregnant, her face went white and it fell. lol...she had just found out she was pregnant the day before.
    oh...everything turned out quite well...she got married to the father and they've been happy for 10 years and have another child.

That about your cats is something else! I would feel absolutely, totally comforted! :2thumbsup: To me, that would be a great, wonderful gift to have seen (and been contacted by) your crossed over furry companions. I deeply believe we can be contacted by those that have crossed over in our dreams. (It's in the bible. :) )

7. had a dream of my backyard and weird things were happening like an airport runway in my yard, i live by an airport. I think i was swinging on a swing and this big ladder or pole fell and hit my uncle standing by our house.

in waking life He and my dad were working on .building this chimney cuz my bestfriends parents built a second story to their house. he lived in our basement and was a drunk, so my mom would pay him a set amount each week, but after the chimney was done he got alot of money $100 around there idk, anyways i guess he drank too much had a seizure and died that day.

some dreams are like that, warning dreams, or dreams with signs

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

these things happen. sometimes we remember the future. we just never know when in the future, or even when we're doing so and when we're not.