Dreadlock Recipes

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by VeganChick, Apr 22, 2007.

1. VeganChick

VeganChick Member

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if we could compile a thread of homemade knotty helpers? Like recipes you can make at home to help out your dreads...locking accelerators, itch-be-gone's, deep cleansers, special treatments, etc.
    Because, why pay a ton of money for something that you can make at home?

-Please don't send posts that don't include recipes. I'd like to keep this thread relatively straightforward. (Would you want endless pages of random crap in a recipe book?)

2. dreadlockswampy

dreadlockswampy Swampmiester

OOkay

this ones probably been done before, get a spray bottle, add 2 tsp of Sea Salt, has to be sea salt & not table salt, add 2 tsp of Bicarb soda & 10 drops of tea tree oil ad water & shake, use it as a spritz everyday to keep the itchies away or use it in a bowl for a deep clense & rise afterwards (if sprayed on just let it dry out & leave !!!

3. Scorpius

Scorpius Member

VeganChick go look around im sick and tired of reposting the recipes lol.

4. Malphas

Malphas Member

Was that not what VeganChick was trying to resolve? Getting it made into a sticky so people stop asking :)

5. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Ingredients:

5 dreads, preferably well dreaded.
    Cup of olive oil.
    Cup of balsamic vinegar.
    Tablespoon of lemon-pepper.
    Salt to taste.

Take the dreads and soak them in a mixture of of olive oil and balsamic vinegar for a day, take out and leave in the sun to dry.

When dreads are dry sprinkle them with lemon-pepper and salt, place in oven on 350, cook for 5 minutes, rotate, cook for another 3 minutes.

Let them cool down,

Serve,

and enjoy.

Yummy!

6. HippieAdrien

HippieAdrien Member

7. lunatic_on_the_grass

lunatic_on_the_grass Member

i use sea salt, tea tree oil, lemon/lime juice, and vit. E...... mix it all up in a spray bottle, and spray your scalp. wash out when ready, and you will be eventually cause tea tree is strong. vinager and water is also pretty good for the scalp.

8. dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob peace lily

oooooh i've had that one, fucking delicious!!!!!

On a side note.........why do people put stuff in their hair.....dreadlocks take time, and no amount of shit you spray/coat/rub in your hair is going to speed it up....maybe a recipe for a time machine...now that would work!

9. lunatic_on_the_grass

lunatic_on_the_grass Member

to moisture the super itchy scalp.

10. young_deadhead

young_deadhead I Love Lucy

Got from this thread http://www.hipforums.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=136945