Dreadlock Forum: Knotty Know-How

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by DancerAnnie, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

i told this one girl who had dreads that i was working on only two dread in my hair cause i still want to keep some of my hair flowy and she gave me the weirdest look. is there something wrong with my choice?

2. hamish...

hamish... Member

lady neko i dont think so in a few weeks im going to give my girlfriend like 5-6 dreads so she can keep her normal hair but have a few deads. its just a different look thats all.

good luck

3. dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob peace lily

DON'T USE WAX!!!!!!!!!!!! It will fuck up your hair, cause mold, and your hair won't even dread properly. Wax holds your hair in place which is detrimental to the freeflow your hair needs to dread up.......get that wax out of your hair............and go to the dreadlock forum on here and learn/ask questions:
    http://www.hipforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209
    Here's another good forum:
    http://www.knottylocks.tk

4. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

thanks very much ^_^

5. hamish...

hamish... Member

nae worries dear

6. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

i've been wrapping my dreads with hemp twine and its been making them tighter. plus it looks pretty ^_^

7. hamish...

hamish... Member

8. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

hey hamish i am adding 3 more dreds. my husband said he won't put anymore in for now. we have a lot goin on at school.

9. hamish...

hamish... Member

3 more lovely babies sounds gr8! gd luck...

mine have started coming apart more need to wash and spray them with sea salt water

10. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

the were is a website that says their products work. we bought their wax and it works great. plus they have some cool gear.

http://www.dreadheadhq.com

11. hamish...

hamish... Member

aaaah bad no! i used dreadheadhq wax and it glued my hair together it doesnt dread ure hair! stop using wax now! dnt use wax! i really want to emphasize this dont use wax!!! bad bad bad! tomoro im buying sea salt and im gna wash and spray my hair with it and then leave my hair again. im done with wax it ruins dreads

12. dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob peace lily

DREADHEADHQ IS SHIT!!!!!! Their shampoo is even terrible stuff. KNOTTYBOY IS SHIT TOO!!!

You have to understand, these companies are set up to make a profit off of people who don't know any better, they exploit ignorance to make a profit. In truth the only thing that forms dreadlocks is time, no amount of shit you do to your hair will make it lock up faster than nature wants it to. Wax does the exact opposite of what dreadlocks need because it binds your hair together in candlesticks and prevents it from moving around....your hair must be able to move in order to lock up, so wax defeats the purpose....it also causes soooo much harm to your head it's not even funny!

DO NOT USE WAX, WAX WILL RUIN DREADLOCKS!!!!! WAX IS VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY HARD TO GET OUT OF LOCKS, IT HOLDS WATER INSIDE THE LOCKS AND YOU WILL GET MOLD AND FUNK ALL IN THEM, DO NOT USE WAX, WAX IS HORRIBLE SHIT!!!!!

13. hamish...

hamish... Member

'Emphasized'

14. brainstew

brainstew Member

I really want them but Im not allowed!!!!!!!!! That "no" was the worse "no" I've heard in my intire life!!!!!!!!!

15. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

i dig. i will stop using it. i was thinking about it anyway cause though it smells nice i do not like the way it feels in my hair. i hate hair products. i just use dr. bronners to wash my hair. that is all.

16. sprout

sprout DeadHead

Yeah wax is very bad. The idea is that if you put dreads in by backcombing you will have super crazy fluff dreads for about a month or two. You use the wax to smooth down all the fluff and your dreads look good from the start.

However-

If you are patient and stick to the salt water and aloe your dreads will be healthy and (at least in my case) you have more of a feeling of accomplishment.

Hang in there and TOSS the wax.

Remember: Salt-water is KEY!

17. Alixi

Alixi Member

hey mates.

I'm thinking about getting dreads.

yay or nay?

Peace.Alixi.

18. sprout

sprout DeadHead

I say yay

[​IMG]

19. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

yup! just told hubby and he agrees. we both are not doing our whole heads. i have five and he is only having one. of course that is for now. two weeks ago i just wanted one and now i have five. all of mine are wrapped with hemp twine and have beads on the end. they look pretty and we change them about once a week or so. we gotta wait 2 weeks this time cause we have no time. got finals coming up! yikes! thanks everyone...i love you all :daisy:

20. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

YAY YAY YAY ^_^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.