dreaded to udreaded for court

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by nullyprocessed, Feb 13, 2009.

1. nullyprocessed

nullyprocessed Member

well let me first off say this is not my favorite thing to talk about it but im in need of sum help on how to undread my hair calm down everyone i cant believe im even saying this but ive got to either make em look better or sumin they are 2 weeks old and ive got court coming up iz there any kinda way to make em look better or unbrush it for court and start at day one all over again once court is over this blows for real ive got alot of pressure coming down on me from counselors and lawyers and the like about my new babies not being good for court or the judge people suck if anyone can tell me what i can do to make it turn around would be great i dont want to start brushing it out if i cant get it all brushed out and if i can do something to make em look a lil better for court would be great i cant exactly but a shirt and tie on my little dreadies but there could be something i can do i dont want this judge getting all crazy on me

2. ~InTheSky~

~InTheSky~ Member

Wear a turban and tell them you're religious? Or something similar?
    You could probably comb them out with loads of effort and conditioner or something.. but I'd try and find some other way.
    Just, tie them back or something. Surely if they affect the outcome of the court case that's discrimination? ..although shit happens. I dunno.

3. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

fuck the lawyers the judge canbt discriminatge
    what is the court for?
    u have 2 choices
    u can comb out they are only 2 weeks old so no big loss use a ton of conditrioner and slowly carefuly comb from tip towards root moving up just a tiny bit at a time
    u can tie them back using aloe to control frizz otherwise
    but whatever, it really doesnt matter how u look in court as long as u speak truthdfully and respectfully (and with conviction that your either not guilty or truly sorry and it wont happen asgain)
    the courts see the worse of the worse, murders with teardrop tatoos for every kill still desserve a fair and proper trial in each and every case
    sure it cant hurert to neaten up as much as u can out of respect for the court, but to change your hairstyle to please a judghe is too much to be expected, especialy since theser daysd i wouldnt doubt the judghe knows a judge with dreads.
    or at very least a cop with dreads

4. Therese Aline

Therese Aline Slave to the man

I think SE is right. I can see why you don't want them making assumptions about you that might negatively affect your case, but it really would be discrimination. On the other hand, discrimination does happen.
    May I ask what you're going to court for?

5. Hippified_RCer

Hippified_RCer P.L.U.R.

man i SOOOOOO feel ya on this one. i had to cut my 6 month old babies off for court. because i cut them off they gave me a sweet deal which is very nice. i mean your only 2 weeks in, jus comb them out and start anew. not really a huge loss. i actually had to shave my whole head so now i have to wait another 5 or 6 months till i will be ready to dread again. good luck and keep ya head up. its amazing wat a little haircut can do for court. oh and i strongly rec wearing a suit! i went to court for an MJ charge wen i still had dreads and went in a suit and got off of it all. its sad how much everything tends to revolve around appearance

6. soaringeagle

yhea the what is important.. if its possession of pot well the discrimination maybe harder to avoid but if its anything else at all then that shouldnt matter 1 bit

7. Hippified_RCer

Hippified_RCer P.L.U.R.

yea sadly i was facing 3 charges for underage drinking and the chance of a past felony being brought up. still got 3 court dates to go.

8. nullyprocessed

nullyprocessed Member

yeah ive got a hefty back ground that i really dont want to get into and this judge iz a real ya know and they have already gotten on my case even my own lawyer iz a dick so nothin is lost if i just comb out go to court and start over when they relax on me just start all over again i back combed it to get locked will that make it harder to get it O i hate sayin this unlocked or brushed out?

9. Therese Aline

Hippified, what do you mean you had to shave your head?

10. soaringeagle

no 2 weeks in its still onbly backcombed hair
    but i wopuld highly highly highly recomend after bacxkcombing then brushing out it will be very dammaged i would definately not backcomb again for sa good long time
    id go at least 2 months natural before u even think about doing more dammage
    the day after court do a nutragena daily clarifying to get the residue oput then weekly dr b or bicarb no combing no runbbing just wear a tam, wait 2 months if u got zero progresas u may wanna twist n rip insrtead of backcomb

11. Hippified_RCer

Hippified_RCer P.L.U.R.

haha i couldnt comb them out. it jus wouldnt happen. my roots locked up really really well. and i knew if i did i couldnt backcomb again for awhile and like SE said it would be more damage than before. so i took this in a good way. i figured i could grow it out again taking really good care of it not wearing any hats so i dont thin it out etc etc......so this time my hair is thicker than before and full of nutrients for wen i decide to start over again.

12. Therese Aline

But they made you? Or made you feel you had to?

13. Hippified_RCer

Hippified_RCer P.L.U.R.

the prosecuter said that if i cleaned up and got rid of them he would consider options for me. major discrimination but it worked lol. and besides i used a lot of wax in the beginning but soon stopped and i figured i should start anew. my dreads were full of bad energy i felt too i could jus feel something was wrong. before i got arrested i was already contemplating cutting them off and trying again.

14. Therese Aline

So wrong. The judiciary system gets away with such crap.

15. freeinalaska

freeinalaska Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

No matter what anyone says your appearance in court does make a difference. And and much as I would like to say fuck the lawers their perception of you affects their recommendations to the court regarding you. If you are in a jury trial of your peers, (yeah right peers), your appearance can most certainly sway their opinion.

The judge most certainly can discriminate against you...in fact they can judge you. If it comes down to you being convicted the judge has a lot of room to make descisions regarding your sentence. If two people are convicted of the same crime and one is a clean cut college boy with a job and the other looks like a deviant of some sort in the eyes of the judge, who do you think will get the harsher sentence?

Is it fair? Not at all! But it is a fact of the court system and society we live in.

16. Luxiebow

Luxiebow Senior Member

I love Munch!!

17. nullyprocessed

nullyprocessed Member

let me see here your sayin wearing hats flatings and thins it out? bc ive ben wearing a beanie and bandanna i feel a lil flat iz it the hat?

and im still going back and forth on this all my firnds are wiggin bc im like i might have to take em out
    then ive got these legal joe blows or wat ev sayin it would be good idea i thnk i dont know that ima jus gonna say keep em and see what happens
    im on the fence still

18. mandyland

mandyland Senior Member

how long is your hair and what is your offense? If it's drug related...id say brush and start over after this is behind you. if youve killed someone than your fucked either way. If its for a traffic violation or something...fuck it...just use some aloe to maintain the frizz and pull them back.
    But seriously...if its drug related...you'd have a better chance going in looking as clean cut as you can. Its only temporary...your not selling out...sometimes you just have to play the game to get by.

19. soaringeagle

i was arrested for conspiracy to shoot the president while i had dreads (reagan not bush) i gave emj a bullshit story thsat i was a street performer (thasts why i had a borrowed gas mask wreaking of weed) and basicly laughed my ass off through the whole thing (was tripping on shrooms at the time too)
    they just love love love to scare you just to watch you crack.. i wouldnt crack id hold my head high walk in with dreads wild and crazy and just say hey i am what i am deal with it
    when im pulled over and asked if i got weed in the car i dont pretend i never smoke i just laugh and say nah im all out, why ya got any you wanna share? they laugh and know im not scared or stupid and respect that they dongt try to search either..and in fact at times ive beven been kickdd down a few joints
    if i had to go to court for weed id go in plead guilty but then explain that so is the judge guilty, of jailing inocent people who did nothing wrong but possess a plant that the constitution and the 1st flad were made of and all the founding fathers grew themselves

if u did nothing wrtong dont act like you did
    stand up for your rights
    if u brush out your hair u just juistify that you shouldnt have had drewads to begin with if u didnt want to bve treated like a criminal

i know im lil buit beyond what u maybe confy with after all your freedom is at stake maybe, sdo do what u do feel is best
    i just dont believe in being pushed around

20. mandyland

mandyland Senior Member

theres a visual...SE assasinating Reagan! Viva La Revolucion and shit! =]