drawer

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by sunnycynic, May 16, 2007.

1. sunnycynic

sunnycynic Member

last night i reached into a drawer for a pot and there was a rat snake in it! and he/she had just eaten a mouse!

2. 121

121 Senior Member

Was it a pet or something?

3. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Man... I reached to pick up a little flower pot today and there were two damn black widows under it...

Then I got back home and there was a black rat snake chilling on my porch.

Gotta love em.

4. sunnycynic

sunnycynic Member

no, neither the snake nor the ingested rodent were my pets. we let the snake go in the woods. but now my cats are freaked out and will not touch the living room/kitchen floors.

bravesir, you didn't kill the spiders or the snake i hope...?

5. 121

121 Senior Member

Huh?

1. Did the snake eat the rodent awhile it was in your draw? How did you know it ate a rodent?

2. Why are your cats afraid of rat snakes?

6. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

No he just turned up the volume to Jim Stafford's old hit song Spiders And Snakes [​IMG]

Hotwater

7. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

Had the snake eaten the pot and gotten stoned out of its mind?

8. Posthumous

Posthumous Resident Smartass

Then you'd have to smoke the snake.

9. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Ofcourse not.

I did shoo the snake away from my porch though... I walk around barefoot, and having it there made me a tad nervous... so on it went under me house.

10. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

heh snakes suck

11. whichaxe

whichaxe Member

Geez Pavel... I'm picturing the soundtrack to where you live as a cross between Dueling Banjos, mariachi, and the theme to National Geographic... I'm gonna come visit you one of these weekends....

12. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

It's pretty extremely chill here.

Lots and lots of animals though.... and the Mexicans tend to have parties once in a while, so they get loud... but other than that... this is tranquility at its purest.

Visit whenever you want man. I'll probably be stuck here till August anyhow.

13. Tree-Hugger

Tree-Hugger The Chainsaw

I had to shoo a king snake out of the yard the other day so my cats wouldn't attack it. I live around snakes had the pleasure of looking down and seeing a water moccasin eyeing my toes. (I live near a swamp and love walking to it) Oh but the best one was when I got in my car to move it I looked over and saw a snake in the passenger seat. Creeped me the fuck out. So I waited until winter to move my car.

14. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Me and the two head growers were talking basketball today, and then suddenly this black snake with red diamonds on it comes out... I couldn't identify it... doesn't even show up on the internet in the Florida snake list....

So the big big big black Haitian head grower killed it, and buried it right there. Poor snake.

15. sunnycynic

sunnycynic Member

okay, i should probably specify...when i said pot, i did not mean ganja:H ...i literally meant a pot that you cook out of. the metal, round-shaped object with a plastic, rubber, or wooden handle on the end to help avoid the risk of shock. you people thought i meant MARIJUANA!!!! (gasp) I am shocked and appalled, hahaha. but anyway..

i think this snake ate a mouse because it had a huge lump in its body. everywhere else it was skinny. my dad teaches biology and zoology at our local jumior college and he says it ate a rodent or something. it may not have been a mouse, however.hmm....what else is running around in my kitchen that this snake may have ingested? that leads to further speculation on this subject! help me come up with possibilities, all of you, NOW!

and my cats won't touch the floor simply because they are pussies. they hate snakes for some reason. they are terrified of them. damn cats! the snkae is there because they didn't do their jobs in taking care of the rodent population. anyway, snakes are cool. my dad would've let it stay had my mom not freaked out, i mean, snakes are really clean little animals and we already have to wash our dishes immediately before using them even if they were already clean becuase of the goddamn mice. oh god....my house is an ecocenter. full of diversity. oh well....keeps my immune system on its toes.:&