Dr B's in the UK

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by pypes, Feb 17, 2009.

1. pypes

pypes Hot alien babes

I actually managed to walk into a shop and buy a bottle of Dr B's, no ebay, no P&P just beautiful retail. So for the record, it is possible.

I've just used it for the first time, I diluted it 8-1 for a trial run. When I first put it on I thought that it was a load of bollocks because I couldn't really get it to lather, and that I had probably diluted it too much. But then after a min or 2 the peppermint started tingling, then burning my eyes, then burning my ballsack, so yeah its potent stuff. I think i'll try 10-1 next time.

My dreads are still wet so I can't give my final verdict, but they seem very clean, and they also seem to be drying quicker.

2. Luxiebow

Luxiebow Senior Member

where did you get it?

3. pypes

pypes Hot alien babes

A little shop called tyme-out in kings heath, there are a lot of bohemian (as in lifestyle) interest shops dotted around the side streets, and I knew this place existed so i went questing for it. It's basically just packed with organic chocolate, essential oils, and soap, I'll probably go have a mootch after payday and bring back some dark chocolate, if I hang round the organic cafe next door long enough I'd probably attract a mate.

It was £4.75 for 8oz, so slightly over the odds, but I have a pathology about paying P&P, especially when it's a significant fraction of the cost of the item.

4. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

try 12-1 after 10-1
    it will lather up at 20-1 but not a thick lather..but plenty to gert really clean
    lather isnt important though
    12-1 is a good shsmpoo.. 10-1 or so a good body wash...and yea pepermint will burn alot thats why i dont like it

5. gretaoto

gretaoto Senior Member

Is this the liquid castile?
    I tried using it but my hair would get real greasy afterwards, what did i do wrong? I prefer the almond scent, yumm :)

6. Merrivale

Merrivale Senior Member

Did they just have peppermint or the other scents as well? If you decide you don't like the peppermint you could try the tea tree one. I personally found the tea tree one to leave my hair feeling less greasy than the peppermint, though I still do use the peppermint occasionally.

And yeah the peppermint's potent stuff alright! As long as you don't overdoo it, it's really refreshing...

7. Smelly D

Smelly D The Dreaded Plumber

you never mentioned the chocolate, i might have to come with you