Dr bronners

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by Woodpoppies, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Woodpoppies

Woodpoppies Member

Hey I started using dr bronners and my hair is all funky lol ... it had a really weird texture to it ... and it sticks together ... do you know what it could be ?
    How many times a week do you all use it ? do you think it might just be me not using conditioner anymore?

Thank you so much for your advice :)
    Peace <3
    Katy

2. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I use it on my hair everyday and have no problems, but then again my hair is pretty short.

3. sprout

sprout DeadHead

Dr. Bronner's will leave a residue if you don't dilute it well. If you are diluting well then I don't know whats up with that. I have dreads so I dilute the hell out of it and it still works great.

4. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

waitin;- do an acv rinse, an ounce of apple cider vinegar to a cup of water, and unless you want dreads, use condish as soap strips all the sebum from your hair.

5. Woodpoppies

Woodpoppies Member

Thank you guys soo much I really appreciaete the advice !!! I will definitly try out these suggestions and keep you all updated ... if anyone else has any advice feel fee to drop aline
    thanks everyone!!
    Peace<3
    Katy

6. Tamee

Tamee naked

It does? I use Dr. Bronners every other day. But my hair seems fine. In fact, it's a lot better feeling now than when I used to use Shampoo and Conditioner. I've been off that stuff for a few years now. I use a few squirts of Dr. Bronners and then an acv rinse to make my hair easier to comb. Is it bad to do that?

7. HempMama

HempMama Member

I have only used a few bottles of Dr. Bronners, but I didn't dilute. It did make my hair seem greasy, or more like, heavy. Anyway, dilute!

Tamee, I'm not sure about the ACV rinse. It seems like it might be a bit drying after a while, but that's just what I would *think* would happen...hence, that is based on nothing I've tried. I've never done an ACV rinse.

8. treehuggerT

treehuggerT Member

I've heard that Dr. Bronners doesn't work real well if you have hard water. Maybe that's why the different results that people report.

9. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

ACV is making the scales on your hair lie down, which is what condish is about.

10. ripple

ripple Member

How much should the Dr Bronners be diluted by? 50/50? Ive looked on the bottle but cant see anything.

11. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

Yeah, unfortunately I'm one of those people with hard water that can't get DB to work for me.

12. sm0key42o8

sm0key42o8 Senior Member

You need to dilute alot more than 50/50. I think it might be that you are not conditioning your hair ne more.