Dr. Bronner's Face Soap question

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by Hypatia2000, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Hypatia2000

Hypatia2000 Member

2. HempMama

HempMama Member

I've never tried it. Is your skin oily at all?

3. Hypatia2000

Hypatia2000 Member

It is really oily. I have problems with blackheads and grease.

4. sweetdreadlover

sweetdreadlover TattooedRainbowGurl

actually it does work quite well. i also have acne prone skin but havent had any acne since using it :)

5. hellodreadhead

hellodreadhead Beta as fuck

I have incredibly greasy skin after an hour or two it's greasy. Since moving on to Bronners I get 4 hours of non greasiness. I'd definately try it out!

6. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

7. ancientdave

ancientdave Member

Bronner's soaps have been around forever. They are good quality although I always found them too drying. The Bronner family still runs the business down in southern California. All Bronners soaps use the word castile on the label, but they are NOT castile soap. True castile is a specific kind of soap made from olive oil. Another brand of soap - Kiss My Face - sells soaps that ARE castile, yet don't use the word on the label. I always found that curious.

Bronners uses mostly natural ingredients and they make a big deal about their organic and fair-trade ingredients, which I admire. My big objection to liquid soaps is all that plastic. Bronners bar soaps aren't even close to the highest quality out there.

8. ancientdave

ancientdave Member

Soap made with activated charcoal is incredibly cleansing. I make mine with rosemary oil and powdered rosemary so it's slightly scrubby and exfoliating. I second the suggestion to try it for acne.

9. drumminmama

I refill from a 55 gal barrel at a shop, so I'm dealing with far less plastic. Should the bottle give out, I'll use mason jars.

10. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

What's wrong with their bars?

Their bottles are recycled, for what it's worth. And generally good for reuse.

Bronners can be pretty strong, different people like different levels of dilution. Half strength to full strength is fine with me.

It always helped with my acne, but I couldn't keep to a strict enough schedule, which was a problem with any method I used.

Now I use no soap.... and once you're aclimated to it, I find it works exactly the same as any other regimin I've used, and if you mix up shower times it doesn't fuck your face up for weeks.

11. drumminmama

Roor, is that all body no soap? Or facial?

I use soap only in pheromone traps. Or if I've been ill.
    Oh, and on feet.

Scrubby gloves do the trick otherwise.

12. VioletJourney

VioletJourney Member

I use Dr. Bronner's as my body wash... I love it... doesn't dry out my skin at all and lathers up nicely. I've tried the baby soap on my face and liked it well enough... didn't leave my skin dry, but I found I couldn't use it over a period of time... could only use it a couple days at a time otherwise I would get some acne. I didn't dilute it though, maybe I should have done that.

13. Crysee

Crysee Member

It does dry out skin. My face is already dry so it is terrible for my face. Also, be careful, the oils may be too strong for your face if it's sensitive. Also, be sure not to use too much, you only need a tiny drop for your face!