Downloading music from BearShare?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Elle, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Elle

Elle Senior Member

I've burned a ton of cd's this week since I've discovered Bearshare, does anyone know how legal this is? I don't much care...but curious anyway. Plus I heard they are going to sue people for "stealing music" off the internet , which I regard as just a scare tactic from the record companys, but I actually have no idea what is going on with that. Anyone?

2. JohnnyATL

JohnnyATL Banned

I have 1000+ songs and im still here. I use Ares Lite though i prefer it over BearShare

3. Elle

Elle Senior Member

Ares lite? I seem to have trouble with bearshare, with songs not being labled correctly like if they are live or not. It's not much of a big deal, but when I start making actual cd's instead of mixed...I kind of need to know what I'm getting. But I just recently got a burner, so I'm pretty new to stealing music;)

4. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

That has nothing to do with Bearshare... it is up to the people who upload their music to name the songs whatever they wish.

I use Bearshare all the time.... fuck the record companies :p

Music should be free for the masses.... don't give in!