Doula training Syllubus

Discussion in 'Doula (Childbirth Assistant) Training' started by merrijayne4, Dec 11, 2007.

1. merrijayne4

merrijayne4 Member

I am working on transferring some of my files. I have posted the required reading for this course. Please don't be overwhelmed there is NO timeline. please work at it as you have time. I will have a thread up in the next day or so. With ALL of the requirements for this course. I just wanted to give you all something to get started on. Most of these books can be found at your local library. Also please look at Half.com they often have some great deals.

2. merrijayne4

merrijayne4 Member

Wow i hadn't realized so many had signed up! I am glad to see this! I have been a bit busy with the holiday rush of things. I will be adding alot more after the season slows down. I hope you all will find time to introduece yourselves when you get a moment.

What this course requires/ what you will learn.

REQUIRED READING
    First you will complete the required reading as i posted, Following each book with a simple 1 page book report. Summing up what you learned from the book/ What you feel will be helpful top yourself as a Doula or new parents.

WORKBOOK
    I will forward several worksheets to you (please pm me an e-mail so i can send these through, as i am unable to post these files) You will work on completeing these while you study.

I am currently working on additional worksheets which will help familiarize you in devoloping many items you will need to practice as a Doula. Such as Biz cards, brochures, Press kit (articles/info for prospective clients) Contracts for practice, fees eval. Writing a birth plan with clients, client information sheets.

If you would like Certifaction, you will be required to attend 3 births (i will give you info on how to get these first few births) Have an Evaluation filled out for each birth, 2 must be from a health care provider (midwife,doctor,nurse) 1 can be from a parent.
    With an essay written for each birth.

RESOURCE BOOK
    You will compile an exstensive resource book, with info for the parents, baby and Doula. I will post a thread with info on compiling this after the new year. I recomed that you start a file. Putting anything you feel is relivant in it while you are studying.

3. 3rdchimp

3rdchimp Guest

I would love the worksheets and info for compiling a resource book! I hope you are still checking this thread! All the best!

4. IreyDay

IreyDay Member

I am unsure of how to sign up for this class. I am starting community college in the summer to get my nursing degree and am studying at home to get my degree in hair mineral analysis and nutritional balancing. I am lucky enough to clean the house of one of the pioneer doctors in this field and am apprenticing directly under him. Ultimatly i would like to be a midwife with other certifications to offer pre-pregnancy health care. So, where do i go to sign up for this class? thank you
    Peace and Health
    ali (ireyday)