Double amputee shot and killed by texas police

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by BlueLightRain, Sep 23, 2012.

1. BlueLightRain

BlueLightRain Member

2. PeaceInTime

PeaceInTime Member

Damn. Cop couldn't just grab the wheelchair from behind and drag him away?
    I find it hard to believe no one could identify a pen and that there was no other way around stopping this double amputee than killing him.

3. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

I think it was the right call. They could have done it better, but nothing is perfect. It is easy to judge from behind computer screen.

4. BlueLightRain

BlueLightRain Member

Easy to say that is the right call when it's not someone you care about..

5. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Wtf.... Cops. They just don't get it,

6. RetiredHippie

RetiredHippie Hick

opinion deleted

7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Except the knife was actually a pen...

8. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

Yeah. A felt tip pen. All the guy wanted was a soda and a smoke. Is that really too much to ask for? This is way too crazy.

9. MamaPeace

MamaPeace Senior Member

So a guy with only one arm and one leg, in a wheelchair, who suffered from schizophrenia and a bipolar disorder was shot in the head (aka instant death) because he 'trapped' a police officer and was 'armed' with a pen.

Why didn't the police officer simply push the wheelchair away, or the other guy just move it?
    And seriously, shot in the head? That is murder with intention.

10. PurpByThePound

PurpByThePound purpetrator

Cop should get some time behind bars. Prolly get ass raped a few times and change his career once he gets out. Fucking scum.

Nothing is perfect, but law enforcement should be held as close to perfection as possible. This is outrageous. First off that he even pulled out his gun, Second that he aimed at his FUCKING HEAD (that can be considered unnecessary force and tried in a court of law, cops are trained to NOT aim for the head unless in seriously threatening situations) and third that he actually pulled the trigger.

That cop is a piece of shit, just like a large number of them out there. Fuck them. It's a shame too, because I know of a lot of really great police officers that risk their lives to do a good and respectable job. Fuckheads like this one taint that good reputation.

Good move.

11. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

pen may be mightier than the sword.. but in the end.. gun beats pen and sword

12. odonII

odonII O

"Double amputee shot and killed by texas police" -

I think this is a fairly loaded sentence. As if the person probably was not a danger to anybody and the entire Texas police department was involved. Rather than one person. I appreciate It's a fairly well used ploy to make a judgement about a situation.

I really would not have liked to have made that call.

Two police officers were shot - and killed - here last week. They were not carrying weapons.

13. PurpByThePound

"....shot and killed by _____ police" tends to mean one or a few specific officers killed somebody. Happens fairly frequently in the States - the syntax is pretty widely accepted

14. odonII

odonII O

I've noticed. Do you think it is a fair sentence?

https://www.google.co.uk/#https://www.google.co.uk/blank.html

15. PurpByThePound

16. odonII

odonII O

Why?

' Houston Police officer shoots, kills amputee in wheelchair.'

Isn't that more precise? With out being too long winded. I appreciate only a maroon would think the whole of the Houston police department was involved. But still... : /

17. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

What is a seriously threatening situation then? Isn't assault on someones life a seriously threatening situation? He didn't knew that it was a pen not a knife.
    Also, he was before in similar situation and killed woman armed with knife. He was probably in a trauma from that one and shouldn't be in police anymore anyway, so when he saw potential threat for his friend, he did what he could to save him.

What if it would be a knife? You all would be crying how bad he is that he haven't saved his friend because he thought it was just a pen.

Also, it wasn't just some old fat guy without arm and leg. Guy was schizophrenic with bipolar disorder. He was capable of making very serious damage to anyone around in his maniac burst.

The other thing is that they weren't probably trained how to handle mentally ill people.

I don't know if the shooter guy is an asshole or not and I don't care.
    I'm just showing you what all of you seem to be missing.

18. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

he should have just invested in a machine gun leg... things probably would have ended differently

[​IMG]

19. PurpByThePound

Seriously threatening. Like if he had a gun. Or wasn't a hospital patient. Or wasn't an amputee (much less DOUBLE amputee). Or wasn't in a wheelchair.

If he still had latent trauma, he shouldn't be on duty. More blame to the police force as a whole.

If it would have been a knife, it is still not acceptable to aim for the head. A knife is less lethal than a gun. And at the range he was at, he could easily shoot his arm and disabled the attacking force...even then that would be excessive considering it's a DOUBLE AMPUTEE in a WHEELCHAIR...and he wasn't even holding a fucking knife!!

A manic burst of ink...because he was HOLDING A PEN. And you said it, he wasn't just some old amputee in a wheelchair - he is mentally ill and requires trained personnel to diffuse the situation. A cop should be able to do this.

Police are trained to deal with uncooperative, hostile, threatening and unpredictable people. That is what their job entails. I am not missing this, you are missing the important stuff.

1. Cop aims at head (THIS IS EXTREMELY FROWNED UPON UNLESS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY - Police are trained NOT to aim for the head in almost ANY circumstance that does not pose a threat to innocents)
    2. Cop fails to assess situation
    3. Cop can not adequately maintain a situation concerning a disabled, mentally ill person - situations that Police are trained and expected to handle civilly
    4. Cop shoots guy in head
    5. Witnesses are probably traumatized - other, mentally ill, patients are probably thrown into chaos and the ward is left to deal with a potentially more dangerous and volatile environment than the one they had initially called police in to help with

I don't see why you try to sympathize with this POS cop. He deserves a murder sentence, lord knows that won't happen though. And that is wrong.

20. Dangjames

Dangjames Guest