Doodlin on Psychedelics

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by upperlevel, May 11, 2013.

1. upperlevel

upperlevel Member

Hello, I've always loved drawing with or without color while I'm tripping. I'd like to ask the forums here how they would describe drawing under the influence. For me what happens is I sink deep into my couch, usually in lower light, then as I make the first few random lines, from the end of my pen the entire drawing just projects itself over the paper then all I do is trace that projection of the finished piece and add whatever I think needs adding during the way. Post a piece or two of yours as well if you don't mind. Here is one I just finished posting in the art section:
    [​IMG]
    LET THE DISCUSSION BEGIN, GO AS IN DEPTH AS POSSIBLE.

2. inthydreams911

inthydreams911 Senior Member

Every time I draw on acid, no matter what the color of the pen, it always comes out rainbow color! Every streak is rainbow and changing colors constantly, I love it!

That is some pretty sweet artwork! I love eyes and spirals and waves! That is a lot of what I draw.

I have tried the projection thing a few times, I always trace a little bit of it then it either fades away or morphs into something else. I did do a nice mushroom one time though using that method.

I always wonder if really talented artist draw like that even without lsd?

3. upperlevel

upperlevel Member

With the extreme variances between the ways peoples brains work, I can only assume there are at least a few artists that experience a projection effect. I'd guess it would be the same people who have a REAL photographic memory. I know in art classes we literally used projectors, haha.

4. intongues

intongues The Wizard

looks awesome, i rarely use colours i just do ink and pen. this i coloured though later on computer..

[​IMG]

5. upperlevel

upperlevel Member

That's cool. What were you thinking/feeling and what was it like drawing that?

6. intongues

intongues The Wizard

it was one of the first time i've drawn on acid, but really I was just scratching some stuff. It was no intention of being a face and it was horizontal, kind of a scar in the paper. but after seeing it sobered i flipped it and seen a face!

i used to do alot more art, but just.. not on acid. I do plan on drawing more through my trips from now on though! at least have pen and paper by casue looking for it when you got an idea hardly works, or take an hour.

7. Most of the picture.. basically all of it is me trying to trace the visuals I was seeing on the paper. They kept moving and changing, but I did my best.

8. Done a little over a year ago

9. DrummingJoey

DrummingJoey Member

Looks like a sideways j

10. felix4life

felix4life Member

I really need to start drawing again.

11. intongues

intongues The Wizard

Really? what are you, on acid? :2thumbsup:

I don't see it though.. but next trips will bring more arts!

12. MeatyMushroom

MeatyMushroom Juggle Tings Proppuh

I just kinda get sucked into the page, it's not so much me doing the drawing, more just.. it happening, free of any judgements or corrections or whatever. Everything that happens just happens cos it happened. Unfortunately, it usually looks shit, but I'm just anal about my work :p the only cool thing I've ever done was when I drew some shrooms coming up on some tea, and then it slowly started to get a bit more.. "bleurgh", until I got floored for a couple of hours, but picked it back up on the tail end and it came out pretty sweet.

13. DrummingJoey

DrummingJoey Member

sorry I meant j as in joint like it's a lit joint