Don't know what to do...

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Ellis, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Ellis

Ellis Member

Well, I'm having some little troubles lately. With myself mostly.
    I fell in love with one of my best friends, about a year ago. We made out one night at a party. But, well, he couldn't feel anything for anyone because of a badly ended relationship he had two years ago. The friendship we had, seems non-existant since he found out what I felt for him, he's distant, never comes to talk to me anymore. Sometimes he does, but not like he used to.

In the mean time I've had "a thing" with a guy for a couple of months. I didn't love him, I did like him, but it was/is nothing compared to what I feel for my friend. Well, this guy, things ended kinda badly between us. It had been going on for a month or two that it looked like we were almost dating, always hanging with eachother. One night I stayed over and we had sex, this was my first time.

But, after that he also got distant, telling me that he didn't know what he wanted. A week later I saw him kissing some slut right in front of me, and another week later he was together with his ex. It hurt me at the time, but now I don't really care.
    I tried to forget my friend, by always hanging with this guy. I had fun with him, but I was just fooling myself.

I told my friend, that night when I saw the other guy kissing the slut, 'cause I was hurt and needed to talk. He tried to cheer me up, he was so sweet. Sometimes we can still have good conversations, but sometimes he just doesn't even say hello. It's like he doesn't know how to act around me...

We did make out again at a party about a month ago, both really drunk,(I was fooling around with this other guy at the same time, I should have known then that I didn't like him enough, but what's done is done) it brought back everything I felt for him and I'm hurting now again like I was in the beginning. I don't know what to do with myself, his friends are my friends, so I can't avoid him. Wich I don't want acctually, but it hurts so much to see him, and not get a "hello" or "how are you"...

We got along so great before anything happened between us, and that's what he tells his friends too. He's just so confused with himself, he's been hurt majorly, by his friends, his ex, his family. He has so many troubles. And I can't stand to see him so unhappy.
    He confuses me all the time, like this week, he talked to me everytime when he got online and i was online, but then friday evening. I see him, I smile and knod...And he just turns away...
    But then when they play a song that he knows i like he smiles at me. Accept for that he didn't speak to me all evening.

Sometimes I think it'll be fine between us, but sometimes i think we'll never be like we used to.
    I don't know what to do. This is the only person in my whole life that I've ever felt so strongly for, I would hate myself if I would lose him because of my feelings. But sometimes I just hope that maybe he feels the same way, he's such a sweet guy. This is someone you meet only once, a character that fits with mine so well. I get along with alot of people, but I can never imagine myself living with these people, I could live with him though.
    Lots of people tell me that it'll be fine, some say I shouldn't even stop hoping that he maybe feels the same way.

After everytime I see him; I'm a mess.
    I don't know what to do, it keeps dragging on. I have fun lots of times, but now I just kindof hit a bottom.
    I don't need any advice really, I just needed to let it out.

2. nancy13000

nancy13000 Member

wow I'd say just take it easy, be friends again, hang out with him and if you decide you wanna be together then it'll happen naturally. I hav the same problem but you know I'm gonna just be friends with the guy and if something happens then it happens.

3. Marija

Marija Senior Member

why don't you talk to him and eplain to him how you feel?