Donnie Darko

Discussion in 'Movies' started by CrazybutLazy, Apr 10, 2007.

1. CrazybutLazy

CrazybutLazy Banned

I would write about how amazing this film is, but using only words in the human language I am limited as to how far I can go in describing awe. The best way I can describe the quality of this film to you is this: It's better than you think will be. I don't care how good you think it will be. It doesn't matter. This movie is at the very least 10x better than you think it'll be. Nope. Doesn't matter. I don't care how uber awesome you think it'll be, it's better than that.

Was anybody else left in a state of complete and utter shock after the spiritual experience of watching this film?

2. sourdiesel06

sourdiesel06 Member

... is a great movie

3. *Andy*

*Andy* Senior Member

Are you talking about the original or the remake? I actually really want to see this movie, but my retarded video store doesnt have it. I will look elsewhere.

4. Born2Lose

Born2Lose Member

Donnie Darko is a great movie, i recommend seeing it if you haven't.

5. Nirvana56789

Nirvana56789 Member

I like this movie a lot!

I used to watch it like everyday

Great flick

6. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I cannot stand most of the hype around this movie. It touches some very weak philosophical and psychological themes and then just bases itself on complete chance and a pointless pseudo-intellectual plot. The acting was shitty. Frank was an idiotic character.

7. whichaxe

whichaxe Member

I thought it was an intriguing movie... It takes on so much more meaning when you treat it as if it were the prequel to "Brokeback Mountain".....

8. passittotheleft

passittotheleft Senior Member

I was baked as shit when I saw it and I loved it. it made it so much more deep.

9. CrazybutLazy

CrazybutLazy Banned

I saw the original.

10. Star Cat

Star Cat Member

I haven't seen it yet, although I'm intrigued because a friend has been recommending it to me...

What's this about treating it like "the prequel to Brokeback Mountain"? Lol, or would I have to see it to understand?

11. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

thank god there's someone else out there who understands how i feel (although frank the evil bunny is one of my favorite cultural memes). really, there wasn't much content to the film, and it had drew... who has ruined every movie she's been in since ET (anyone know if she's mentally disabled, cause then i'd feel bad about ragin on her all the time)...
    seems like if you vandalise a school every half-baked wannabe outcast will buy your product....

oh well.

12. Red13Faerie

Red13Faerie Member

to be honest i just didnt like the film, i guess i was expecting it to be really good as most of my friends really like it, i just couldnt get into it that much, it wasnt a totally bad film but i just didnt enjoy it like i thought i would, i think the hype just ruins it because its just a pretty boring film aimed at teenagers

13. Valdis

Valdis Member

I didn't like the film over all either. I got the creeps from that stupid bunny. I wanted to slap the sappy smile off that boy.

I wanted to see the old lady get her mail and a make over.

But, the ending song was good and it had a good outcome, so that's something.

Lots of people LOVE this film though.

14. lovely trash

lovely trash Member

dont understand... what is wrong with this movie...? It has a good story, and the director made great job!! Drew Barrymore retarded?? Wtf??? Ok, she was in CA, but she is not a bad actress... she just has a speech flaw... Can she really help it, (I think drugs she used ate some of her brain cells which control speech). Jake Gylenhaal[​IMG] was totally cool, he realy got into the caracter... And the rest of the cast, you can see that they had fun making the movie!!
    I loved it!!![​IMG]