Donating Eggs

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by wildflowereyes, Jun 26, 2006.

1. wildflowereyes

wildflowereyes Senior Member

Has anyone done this? I've been considering it for some easy cash to pay for college.

2. wiggy

wiggy Bitch

You need to think about it seriously, think of your future, the babies future, its family etc.

There is a thread about it somewhere, but nope i wouldnt do it

3. dawn_sky

dawn_sky Senior Member

Definitely do your own research (don't just listen to what the people offering money for your eggs tell you) about what is involved.

I have not done this, but the huge hormone doses and lifestyle restrictions placed on you as you are preparing an excessively large batch of eggs sounds horrific to me. From what I've heard, it doesn't sound like it's worth the money. But, then again, I haven't researched it as I would had I been considering doing it...

4. icedteapriestess

icedteapriestess linguistic freak

i would DONATE eggs... not sell them for profit. If my sisters or close friends needed eggs, i would donate them.

5. wildflowereyes

yeah.. well i found out i can't do it anyway. my mom had a heart attack last year for an unknown reason to the doctors, which gives me a family medical history of heart problems. and you're not allowed to then, according to what I found.

I would rather give them to someone I dont know. Itd be weird to give them to my sister.. cause then in a way, she'd be having my kid, you know?

6. rainbowcoloreddark

rainbowcoloreddark Member

...ive looked into this because my eggs are useless to me because of my surgery and stuff...and the research i have done explains the exact procedure and the months of preparation for it. its not quick money, but it is good money. its painfully uncomfortable, but you are only given a light sedative during the procedure. i mean, if you are up for it, go for it. im still looking for a place in missouri to do it at.

they do do an almost retardedly indepth family history on you, but its understandable. thus why you cant do it because of the heart attack.

have you looked at scholarships.com? i won about 3000$ worth of scholarships off there...and its free. thats probably a less painful way to earn some money. :)
    good luck darlin.

7. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

how much money do you make?

8. wildflowereyes

matters on the person and how much that "type" of person is needed. Minorities get more, since there are less of them (makes sense).