Dollar General Armed Robberies

Discussion in 'Georgia' started by Aerianne, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

1 person likes this.
  2. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Cue NRA:

Everybody should have had a gun, because robberies are boring and gunfights are fun.

2 people like this.
  3. Aerianne

What are you saying? And why are you guys liking it?

Craig, I bet you wouldn't have liked being in the middle of that if it had happened when you were in for your daily Rock Star.

4. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

What the NRA will say.

And because I'm likable.

5. Aerianne

You're saying that the NRA will try to benefit from these robberies?

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

they try to benefit from school shootings so I don't think its unreasonable to assume they would try to benefit from a string of robberies in a southern state.

1 person likes this.
  7. Aerianne

So anyway...Dollar General is an easy mark, apparently. I've always thought it was weird that their registers are right by the door.

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i've heard nothing about this. a local family dollar was robbed at gunpoint here last night though. really, that's the only reason i clicked on this thread, i wondered if there was some sort of connection. doesn't look like it though.

well, that's pretty standard. you get what you need and pay on the way out. seems like higher end stores are more likely to put the register in the back, but places like this would probably lose more on people grabbing free merchandise on the way out than they do on robberies.

9. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Yep.

Any time anything bad is done with a gun, the inevitable argument is that more guns would have fixed everything.

Of course, occasionally, it's actually true. In this case, as in most, it could potentially result in a lot of loss of life or quality of life for a lot of people, and the best-case scenario would be that both sides are ineffectual in the use of their weapons.

You know, the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun from getting away for the time being without any loss of life is a good guy with a gun, to turn everything into a bloodbath, which the bad guy may come out of victorious anyway.

10. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

Interesting. I work right next door to a Dollar General. All I can say about if we were robbed is they better pick a good time to do it and they're going to be hard pressed to not hit while the ex-soldier with PTSD and a penchant for going batshit insane on people is working because he works a LOT. I never feel scared when that guy is there, he's fucking crazy.

11. Aerianne

Also, Dollar General has the safe on the floor, in the check out area, right across from where customers pay, just inside the front door.

The cashier that was struck in the head with the pistol for "not moving fast enough" was back at work last night. I overheard her telling another customer that she's okay but just tired of re-telling the story for everybody.

12. Aerianne