Dogs or Cats

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by bedlam, Jan 21, 2005.

?

Dogs or Cats

1. Cats

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Dogs

8 vote(s)
    88.9%
  3. Neither

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. bedlam

bedlam Senior Member

Are you a dog person or a cat person?

I like cats. They've got way more free will and personality than dogs

2. juggla

juggla Member

cats are cleaner, and require less attention

3. Luke (crazy horse)

Luke (crazy horse) Member

I like cats....they are independent, and have alot of personality!

4. Myranya

Myranya Slytherin Girl

Cats... dogs don't like me. Yes a lot of people say dogs can smell it when *you* don't like *them*, or when you're afraid, but it didn't start out that way. My dad had dogs when he was a boy and told me lots of really cool stories about them, and neither my mom nor my dad cared much for cats... so as a very small child I thought dogs were much nicer.. however the dogs I actually met (*not* disliking them and *not* afraid yet!) would still bark at me, growl at me and make it quite clear they didn't want me... no I didn't go running up to them in a wild way either, I did nothing else than my friends at whom the dogs didn't react that way at all. And cats would always come up to me, even the ones that 'never like strangers'. Over time I did develop a fear of dogs since I got bit once and growled at often, and I developed a great liking for cats so I'll call them when I meet one now, but it didn't start out that way, it was the animals chosing for me.

5. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

I'm undecided about cats vs dogs. Cats are more independant and less work (apparently) but dogs dote on you and are fun to play with. Depends if you want to be goddess or servant.

Used to be terrified of dogs; my grandparent's dog was hyper and there were news reports of dog attacks doing the rounds when I was at an impressionable age. I'm not scared of them now though.
    Cats make me a little uneasy, they look kind of pissed off and creepy. Our closest neighbours on both sides have a cat each. Managed to make friends with one, the other seems to hate us (mutral on the part of my folks)

Ah well I'll just stick with rabbits :)

6. hippyman

hippyman Member

I like em both, but I prefer cats. They don't chew up your slippers when your not home.

7. hippyman

hippyman Member

I like em both, but I prefer cats. They don't chew up your slippers when your not home. Sure they may think they're better than us, but I figure any animal that gained God status in ancient Egypt, has a right to be a little arogant.

8. Elle

Elle Senior Member

I like them both equally, but if I had to choose one over the other for myself then I would have a dog.

9. Catalina Eve

Catalina Eve Member

I am love dogs and cats i have 5 cats and eight dogs.
    I have persian cats and pitbulls. Cats are great they adapted well. And when properly train dogs can be just as great i don't think i could really chose between my cats or dogs i love them all.

Love and kiss to Stanky Tank!

10. kindwoman

kindwoman Sista Golden Hair

I have this weird belief that cat people connect better than a cat or dog person....what do you guys think? Do you know what I mean?

11. Chris L

Chris L Member

I have a dog and cat...the cats cool, but I like the dog more. He's so funny, and fun to play with. Sure, he bubgs me for food all the time, but at least he doesn't jsump all over the tables. The cat does that all the time, everytime we put her right down again, and she comes right back up. It pisses me off. The cat's a real attention lover, but she's annoying about it. I was reading the newspaper today and eating cereal, the cat jumped up and lied down right in the middle of the newspaper and started wagging her tail, which ended up in my cereal. The dog on the other hand, is very stubborn about just about anything, but he loves attention, and isn't annoying about it. He does smell, but that's our fault, for nto getting him a bath. The dog was here first though, and the cat's only been here since about Christmas, so that might have somethign to do with my liking of the dog more.

12. OceanLily

OceanLily Member

I'm animal lover..I have two cats right now and my mother still has my dog! both show the same affection...

13. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

I like cats better their so cute and cozy, and they know when your sick