Doggy Days

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Aristartle, May 16, 2013.

1. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

So, my dog's coming over to my apartment tonight for a final visit. Yep. Tomorrow he'll be going to doggy heaven. :(

I feel like I should bake him something outrageous and not at all doggy edible, or go for this insane adventure in the forest and get lost for a few hours.

God dammit, I spent so much quality time with this dog. It's friggin' hard to say goodbye.

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

It is painful when they go, sorry for your loss.

3. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

sorry to hear that this is happening.

it's hard to lose a friend like that, but it's probably the best thing to do for your dog.

it sounds to me like you were a very caring owner. I bet there is no other owner that your dog would have rather had

4. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

I'm sorry, Ari:( I'm afraid my dog doesn't have much time left either.

5. Lodog

Lodog ¿

Hey! You said I was your "dog" once! Do you know something I don't know?

Am I going to die soon!!?!

NOOOOOOOO!!

6. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

[​IMG]

7. skitzo child

skitzo child PEACEFUL LIBRA

Aww sorry to hear that

8. farmout

farmout All who wander arent lost Lifetime Supporter

Sad times, hang in there....

9. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

I know how you feel. I had to have my kitty put down last year and my heart was broken for a long time.

:grouphug:

10. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

I am sorry you have to do this. Know that you gave him a good life. It is so hard to lose one of our fur friends, at least it is for me. :bigcry:

11. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Worst days ever.. :( Take care!

12. TAZER-69

TAZER-69 Listen To Your Heart! Lifetime Supporter

Sorry to hear about your dog. I have two that are getting pretty old and I am not sure how much more time they have.

13. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Sorry to hear that, Allison. Is it the same pooch in your avatar?

14. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'm very sorry.

15. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

Spend all this time with him. This will be the best gift he could ever want.

16. wyldwynd

wyldwynd ~*~ Super Moderator

:grouphug:

17. i_was_in_shroom_land

i_was_in_shroom_land Shroomier than you!

aww.. sry to hear.. :(

18. NightRose

NightRose idiosynractic rose

I'm very sorry to hear. :( Loosing a loved one is something I wish nobody ever had to experience. We must treasure everyone close to us. My heart goes out to you!

Taking him for a walk sounds like a lovely idea. It's always terrible when you don't have much time to say goodbye. Just remember you'll always have memories, and photos etc.

I still start to tear up when I look at photos and old video of pets who've passed away. A cat my brother, sister and I grew up with as kids had to be put to sleep last year and it felt as if we were loosing a last link to our childhood. He was very old, with arthritis, half deaf and half blind so we knew it was best for him. We never wanted to be those people who kept a pet alive even while they were in pain just because it would hurt to loose them. But in the end, it was for the best.

For a few months afterwards, I would dream of him visiting us but he'd always come to us as a kitten (maybe a few months old). Which was nice. I hear that when a person or pet pass away, they may decide to approach you in dreams in the form of an age in which they felt happiest. My belief is that if it is possible (I think it is) he may have chosen to do so as well. So who knows, your dog may do the same for you.

19. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

Thank you everyone for the very kind and gracious thoughts. Yeah, he's the dog in my avatar.

He came over for a "final visit" last night and I was able to take a few more pictures, to cuddle and snuggle and spend some time outside with him, but his breathing is so strenuous and difficult that I just didn't have the heart to rouse and wind him up anymore than necessary. I couldn't see him off at my door, because it was just too painful. I didn't think it would hurt this much when the time came.

It was the right choice in letting him go peacefully, I know. I'm just sad. It nearly feels like I lost a friend.