Does yoga?

Discussion in 'Yoga and Meditation' started by hiro, Jun 5, 2004.

1. hiro

hiro pursue it

Does yoga actually help someone lose weight?

2. Chodpa

Chodpa -=Chop_Chop=-

Panchakarma of Ayurveda is more likely to help you loose weight. There's methods such as doing self massage with scratchy mittens which make the nervous system tone down. I'm not an expert on this, but combined with sweats, and colonics and such things it's possible that it could help with weight loss. There are hatha yoga series of postures which may tone one down.

3. mamaluv

mamaluv Member

i know several people who have lost weight and toned up using bikram yoga, a yoga w/ 26 positions in a 100 degree room. i was referred there due to back injury, but im tall and thin anyway, but i could see how i firmed up and i felt better in general.

4. mamaluv

mamaluv Member

im also nothign near an expert or anything :)

5. no kiddin' around, Bikram yoga is quite an experience. Very cleansing. Just be sure to hydrate properly a couple of days before a session, or you'll wish you had. It's actually kind of addicting

6. mamaluv

mamaluv Member

good point, its better just to drink more water in general if you do bikram, cuz its sooo intense

7. hiro

hiro pursue it

Thanks guys and gals.

8. xdianax

xdianax Member

Hmmm Bikram yoga sounds intriguing, I'd like to try it, but umm I was wondering where do I find a 100 degree room??

:) Metta,
    Diana