Does this mother deserve the death penalty?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by crummyrummy, Jan 10, 2005.

?

Does this warrant a death penalty in your eyes?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. No, but somthing really nasty and lingering is definitely in order

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

Police: Baby Shares Room With Meth Lab

POSTED: 11:21 pm MST January 5, 2005

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. -- Police discovered a meth lab inside a baby's bedroom Wednesday in a house on the 700 block of Grove in northeast Albuquerque.

"The crib was in the same room as the meth lab," said Trish Ahrensfield, of the Albuquerque Police Department.

Heather Brister, Byron Taylor and Julia Priest were arrested at the house where a baby, a 10-year-old and a 12-year-old were also present, police said.

Cindy Taylor said she had no idea what was happening in her sister's home.

"It's a shock to me. To think that she would do this with the kids in her house," she said.

SOURCE

2. FallenFairy

FallenFairy Senior Member

I dont think that the death penalty should be granted instead I think that she should give up all her rights to see her children and put them up for adoption. And then she should be forced to watch a short film about crystal meth everyday for a few hours out of the day and then knowing the facts of using it and making it and the effects the fumes and all would have on someone. Then she should serve a life sentence in prison knowing the fact that she will never see her kids again and what damage she might have done to her kids. so basically living her life in guilt.

3. crummyrummy

that is nasty.

4. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Senior Member

I'm just sick enough to think that's kind of funny.

5. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Member

The death penalty is a bit extreme for this, considering no one was hurt. Although, meth heads are rather extreme, so I don't know.

6. crummyrummy

yes,ok since no harm that we know of has occured yet, the death penalty is extreme. BUT if it had exploded and not killed that child, but merely horribly maimed, blinded and crippled the child, would it be extreme then? I mean I am asking about punishment based on the kind of risk she put that child in. I have yet to vote, but I would not vote death penalty. that is too good for mothers and fathers that disregard the welfare of their offspring to feed a habit.

7. bedlam

bedlam Senior Member

yeah kill her off, only farking up her life and others... loser

8. stardust

stardust Banned

the death penalty seems a bit extreme. she should have her kids taken away, but we also have to consider the psychological effect it would have on her children to have their mother put to death. the baby would not be aware of the danger it was in. but to find out in later life that your mother had been killed like that would be really harsh. she definately deserves severe punishment, but the death sentance wouldnt be appropriate.

9. daisymae

daisymae I'm a Rhinestone Cowboy

Lock'er up and throw away the key. Take away the kids. In her mind, she was probably thinking that keeping the baby close by meant that she was taking good care of it. Wacky as that is....

If the death penalty gets in on too many cases, soon we'll be seeing the death penalty for ripping those tags off mattresses.....

10. puddin

puddin Banned

"Nimrod's Son"

One night upon my motorcycle through the desert spead
    And smashed my body so that all my friends thought I was dead
    My sister held me close and whispered to my bleeding head
    "You are the son of a mother fucker"

One two three four

I shook all night and held her hand
    Chocolate people well I'll be damned
    Land of plenty, land of fun
    To find out I'm Nimrod's son

Oh bury me
    Far away please
    Bury me

Ha-haaa
    The joke has come upon me

In my motorcycle mirror I think about the life I've led
    And how my soul's been aking all the holes where I have bled
    My image spoke to me, yes to me and often said
    "You are the son of incestuous union"

One two three

Now my head is clear
    My luke hands washed
    My daughter's pure
    My son is tall
    Land of plenty, land of fun
    To find out I'm Nimrod's son

Oh bury me
    Far away please
    Bury me

Ha-ha Ha-ha
    The joke has come upon me

11. she needs to have her children taken away and as im not a huge fan of prison.... EXTREME rehab, counseling, classes, etc.

12. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

ehhh, maybe 10 to 15 years in prison and loss of custody.

13. my problem with prison is that is rarely "works". people come outta prison and do worse things then before. that is why i go for more of a pyschological and rehabilitation approach... and i dont mean some 3 week thing... i mean some 5 to 10 year thing.

14. crummyrummy

my problem with having a meth lab in a baby's room is it can explode, and maim. keeping a parent willing to keep a child in a meth lab away from all children is always a good thing. NO matter weather or not she/he learns anything.

15. seamonster66

yea, that would be better...I wonder if there is a long term secured rehab/hospital proram like that.

She would likely come out of prison with a renewed desire to cook some up to supply all her new connections.

16. i do agree with you. but im thinking maybe she should be locked up in a place like a mental hospital and rehab place or something instead of prison. cause honestly, prison doesnt teach really... .and then she might come out of prison and put someone else at danger again.

17. exactly. and i dont know if there are any such places... but there SHOULD be more of them.

18. crummyrummy

damn democrats....... some people suck and you cannot fix them. this bitch deserves to suffer.

19. seamonster66

ehh....say a person is drunk driving, they COULD have killed someone, but they didn't, therefore the charge is not murder or manslaughter, its a lesser drunk driving charge.

I agree what the woman did was very wrong, but nothing really became of it...therefore i think a full 10 or 15 years in prison is a just sentence.

Plus, I'm not a democrat.

and how do you know this woman can't see the error of her ways in time.

20. exactly. i mean, a lot of people have gotten dui's in there life time... didnt kill anyone but they could have. also, a lot of these people learn that they COULD have killed someone and they dont do it again.

i think the same could be possible for that woman.

and im not a democrat either. :)