Does Revenge Make You Feel Better?

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by tumbling.dice, Mar 25, 2020.

1. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I started thinking about this yesterday. On my way to work that morning a dude tailgated me for a couple of miles, one of my most hated of pet peeves. So I did what I usually do; I slowed down to piss him off. This made me feel much better but is it healthy, mentally healthy I mean?

Another example from a couple years ago. I was behind a lady in the checkout line at The Dollar General store and she was short a couple of bucks, and kinda holding up the line. The dude behind me was aggravated because of this and was muttering under his breath, albeit loudly enough to be heard. So I pulled out a couple of bucks and gave them to the lady and acted more nice than I ordinarily would. She was thankful and all that, but the reason I did it wasn't really to help her out. Rather, I wanted the man behind me to look petty. So, in reality, I was the one acting petty. It still made me feel better though.

Does anyone else here do small things to get back at people, does it make you feel better and is it harmless or a sign of an unbalanced mind?

2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

yes, I do that. I am particularly guilty of doing that when I'm driving, but not as much in other areas of life. In the car, I will do exactly what you were talking about. But I'd like to think I know better. If I could help myself, I'd just change lanes and let the dude by; which is what I do sometimes. But not all the time... :D

tumbling.dice likes this.
  3. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

It's The Sign Of An "Unbalanced Mind".... :p .....Peeps Here At "HIP" Have Been Telling You This

Ever Since You Joined In jan 2015....... :D

Cheers Glen.

4. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Shit, 5 years on Hip. I was just looking for cheap clothing ideas. Why am I still here?

WritersPanic likes this.
  5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I was a asshole on the road yesterday some old stooge cut into my lane with like one indication and I sat on that old stooges ass for a while, even missing a turn I'd normal take just to sit on his ass. I have a bullbar so I didnt care and I sat pretty close just to let him know ay what you did was not cool and that pisses me off. when i did finally get tired of being behind him and I went into the other lane, i made sure i was in his lane when i was beside him, he had to move over more in his lane.

FritzDaKatx2 likes this.
  6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

its just these cunts you know they see the lane they need to be in has 3 more cars, so they go into the wrong lane and just barge there way two cars ahead.

7. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

And Yet Another Example Of An "Unbalanced Mind".....:screamcat:.....Sometimes "HIP" Members Worry Me....... :D

Cheers Glen.

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

there's also a road that comes off the interstate where it goes from two lanes into 3 and then back to 2. and every fucking hero on the road goes into the outside lane for a few hundred meters to pass like a few cars before trying to merge back in, so if i see a car coming to overtake me like a hero i just speed up to the next car and i refuse to give him a gap to squeeze in. they always back down because their fancy Audi and BMW cars are worth more than my ford Ranger, plus I have armor so I don't necessarily care about a bit of a bump, but they do. ;)

9. I don't really dwell on it. If someone tailgates me and I slow down, that's the way it is and that's what happened

And I don't think it's petty to teach a petty man a lesson. Maybe you wouldn't have given the money, but you weren't the one making a scene, either.

Inconsiderate people need to learn their place.

FritzDaKatx2 likes this.
  10. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Perhaps we'll meet in highway battle one day Irm, after the old world has collapsed. You seem a spirited opponent.

[​IMG]

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I know you can classify me as a fuckwit on the road by those posts, but I only do it, because they're being unsafe in the first place and fuckwits on the road.

So yes I do retaliate, and I don't forget shit either and I don't care that I do it. I'm not upset, it's a perfectly fine human characteristic and it's a little bit romantic.

Let's all think of William Wallace in Braveheart.

Waged war on an entire country because of his wifes death.

Fuck yeah.

neonspectraltoast likes this.
  12. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

^^^^....Didn't Call You A "F***wit"........Just Drew Attention To The Fact That Your'e "Unbalanced".... :p

Cheers Glen.

13. I love Braveheart.

14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

If I'm just being deliberately cruel out of spite I will always feel super shitty afterwards and have always had better results taking the high road

But i have no issue with being low key petty like in the examples given in the OP lol

Eric! and Driftrue like this.
  15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm actually really calm on the road if I don't see something stupid. If I see something stupid it just riles me up inside. At times I've even seen someone do something ahead of me and then I'll drive up and just intervene a little, block off a lane or run beside them so they can't turn.

but 9/10 drives I'm like listening to music and singing and probably under the speed limit tbh.

16. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yes- revenge is refreshing

5E146F77-AD3E-4A7E-8C36-379CF1FCA398.gif

17. Who wants to be balanced? You just drive around like a fuckwit.

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Just send it.

Send it into the corner, drive it out of the corner, fuck whoever on the outside, 8 wheels work better than 4 anyway.

Just send it.

19. I don't consider any of this revenge, anyway. Teaching isn't revenge.

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

True.

Well then I hold grudges. And when something happens to somebody that I think deserves it, I don't feel bad.

And even if it takes me all my life, I will get them back if they don't get themselves back beforehand, which they all do.

Ha Ha Ha

Eric! likes this.