Does meth pop up on a UA as amphetamine? Or meth?

Discussion in 'Drug Testing and Legal Issues' started by SlovakLove, Jul 23, 2012.

1. SlovakLove

SlovakLove Guest

I am prescribed adderall, but never them but I use meth daily. Will the meth show up as amp or mamp? Thanks

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

On the standard test it'll show up as amphetamines, which specifically has a subset of methamphetamine.

3. eatlysergicacid

eatlysergicacid Creep in a T-Shirt

In an immunoassay it will show up as amphetamine, but if it's a lab they will then do a GC/MS which will identify methamphetamine.

4. illusion25

illusion25 Member

they usually just test for amp. but they dont have to send it to the lab to tell if it is amp or MA they can do a strip test there on the spot to tell which it is. Seen it done before

5. mkay01

mkay01 Member

sorry to put it like this now , but why are u takin stuff when u dont even know what it is

Crystal Meth = methAMPHETAMINES

6. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I thought you had your life all together and functioning properly. What are you worried about being drug tested for?

7. The Real Peter Parker

The Real Peter Parker Member

A lot of 'head doctors' drug test their patients especially if they are receiving drugs that can potentially be abused. He's likely taking his adderall scripts and selling or trading them and self medicating with methamphetamine [with a profit] I would guess. Should doctor take away adderall, then the potential to make some extra cash for m-amp would be ruined...

Or he may just be trying to use his script for adderall as a cover for when he comes dirty for m-amp. That might work, might not work. Give it a shot you know because you'll be in the same amount of trouble either way. Just whatever you do try to stay away from evil inanimate objects

8. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I am familiar with docs doing urine screens to make sure you take your meds and don't divert them.

9. The Real Peter Parker

The Real Peter Parker Member

If he let us know whether he was attempting to outsmart the doc or the law then it would be easier to help

10. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

meth will show up as amphetamines and also methamphetamine which is tested for seperately to differntiate between stuff like adderall and street speed...adderall will show up as amphetamines but not methamphetamine

11. Black_Lotus

Black_Lotus Member

It'll show up on your facial expressions