Does colour affect your mood?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Candy Gal, May 25, 2019.

1. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Quantum photography is a new field that allows anyone to see what colors such as ultraviolet look like. The Rainbow Reality of ignorant bliss is about to become widespread.

2. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Ignorance is bliss, until you fall on your ass. We are all born to fall on our ass, and even the planets collide with asteroids, because up, up, up is the only viable direction in this sad clown town.

themnax likes this.
  3. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

Me too mostly. But I have to watch this Queen tribute on TV in the UK, in all it's colours and glory.

4. Candy Gal

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I dunno. Probably not.

Candy Gal likes this.
  6. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

The color of $100 bills affects my mood greatly.

Candy Gal likes this.
  7. Candy Gal

Mmm I bet. lol

8. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I'm not sure what mood lighting is.

I have had experiences on LSD closed eyes and MDMA watching like LED Poi and Glowsticks where I'm completely fascinated by color. Those experiences I feel are about as pure an experience of color affecting my mood as I can think of. Although in the case of MDMA, it's always paired with music.

I have heard a fair amount about color theory and perception but as that article and that video you posted on standards of beauty suggest, there are cultural influences which shape our perceptions of color.. I think it's obvious color accentuates our moods as some of the examples in this thread have mentioned but I'm perhaps doing the over analytical thing here and asking myself if the colors actually affect the overall mood.

Like with the aforementiond $100 bill example, I don't think my mood changes much based on whether I'm getting a $100 bill versus having $100 being directly deposited to my account. It's the abstraction, in this case, the amount of money, which seems the most integral aspect to affecting mood rather than the color of the bill.

soulcompromise and Candy Gal like this.
  9. Candy Gal

Good response, I respect that. Although this wasn't really about money.

What does mood lighting mean?
    The mood lighting means some colorful light make people feel exciting. It always used for the party, making the whole environment look much more attractive, stylish and fashionable.
    Mood enhancing lights may be able to bring all the goodness the bright sunlight indoors. As simple as it sounds, mood enhancing lights work by imitating the sun's bright rays. ... Doctors suggest that you limit your time spent in the light though because overexposure can lead to mild side effects such as eye irritation.
    Believe it or not, insufficient lighting has been found to contribute to depression and vitamin D deficiencies, while proper lighting is known to improve mood and energy levels. Some studies also show that lighting can affect appetite. ... Most significantly, lighting is known to affect circadian rhythms.
    How Different Colors Affect Your Mood
    • Red. Red stimulates and excites the brain. ...
    • Orange. Orange is a stimulating color that elicits feelings of excitement, warmth, and playfulness. ...
    • Yellow. Yellow draws attention and stimulates positive emotions. ...
    • Green. This color is often calming and cool. ...

10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

The only mood lighting I need is something soft that doesn't allow you to see too much. ;)

Candy Gal likes this.
  11. Candy Gal

I guess you don't like HARD lighting.lol
    Sorry I couldn't resist. Lol