Does Anyone Watch Father Knows Best?

Discussion in 'Classic TV' started by Moonglow181, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Father Knows best is on 7 am here....and I just watched a heart warming episode called the Good Neighbor...from taped earlier....It was very funny with a grumpy neighbor who turned out to have a heart of gold in the end. I tried to find it to share here, but don't know how to find it on the u-tube. I did find this cute segment just now though.... :)

I love this show and its heart warming values, comedic flair and good old fashioned values....

Does anyone here watch any of the reruns... ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-0PwBoLkkQ

starlight4 likes this.
  2. Moonglow181

Testing to see how links from this place works...Hulu is the best place I have found to see all of the episodes and I just watched this one a few mins ago.....testing to see if Woman in the house shows up in the link or just the whole site does....idk

http://www.hulu.com/#!watch/305203

3. Moonglow181

funny episode. link worked

4. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Almost every episode had a lesson!!! (Like LEAVE IT TO BEAVER)

A good show!!

5. Moonglow181

Stan used to watch reruns of Leave it to beaver. I am not into that show , although, I know that too, has good old moral lessons...,Most of the shows from that era do.
    I like Father Knows Best....i watched an episode yesterday with greer garson in it. She was always one of my favorite actresses...she was so beautiful and classy and her eyes always glistened from her inside warmth......

Also, Robert Young in Father Knows best holds my interest in seeing the shows now.

I heard the girl that played little Kathy had a very abusive childhood that was awful. One would never have known it with her smile and twinkle, though.
    She hid it well......

6. Moonglow181

7. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Used to watch it when it first aired.

8. Moonglow181

9. Moonglow181

10. Lily89

Lily89 Members

I watch Father Knows best from time to time.

11. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

My dad watches reruns. To me it comes off a bit unrealistic. Like this idealized picture of how people are supposed to behave because they are not communists. Americana propaganda where dad has a suit and tie on at all times and mom wears heels and makeup to clean. But I also can see how people enjoy the stories. Most people who believe that was real life were born after it aired.

12. Michael De Sapio

Michael De Sapio Members

It wasn't "propaganda." Movie stars wanted to appear classy and glamorous. Would you have preferred the father to have been wearing a ratty sweatshirt and the mother an old pair of sneakers? Yes, shows like this were idealized to an extent because they were works of art, not documentaries. But guess what? Dress was really more formal then. Men wore suits to work, and many kept them on after they came home. Besides, you are wrong to assert that Jim Anderson had a suit and tie on at all times. Watch several episodes and you will see this is not the case.

13. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Of course it was propaganda, Cold War propaganda to promote the virtues of the American life over the USSR and other Warsaw Pact and Communists Nations.
    Never really tackling any serious issues like if Billy Gray knocked up some girl, or if Elinor Donahue came home with a black Boyfriend.

Btw If she did there would have been such a public outcry the show would have been canceled the next week.

14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

For youtube vids, take out the s in https and it will embed properly

15. Moonglow181

Have not watched this in awhile...or The Honeymooners, another thread I made....saw them all now...and I am tired of Grey's Anatomy now..........Grey's was good while I was sick with this gastroparesis thing and was something to look forward to....but now, that I am getting better...I don't have the patience to just watch much tv and stay still lately....I don't watch any tv, really that much now.......

16. deleted

deleted Visitor

I like My Three Sons over Father Knows .

17. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Fuckin guy... Was about to say I'm more a My Three Sons kinda dude.

Orison likes this.