Does anyone here regret doing shrooms?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by wcw, Nov 26, 2013.

1. wcw

wcw Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Does anyone here that has ingested psychedelic mushrooms regret having done so? If so, why do you regret it?

1 person likes this.
  2. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Nope. I've had about 20 good trips and one bad one, which happened the only time I did it alone.

3. wcw

That's amazing that all of the things that I hear in forums are inconsistent with what I've heard from the media (imagine that). I hardly ever hear of anyone wishing they hadn't tried them.

Was your one bad trip experienced while doing a different dosage than with the good trips?

4. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Mushrooms can be like letting Satan run through your mind like it's his playground.

Do I regret doing them, nope not one bit.

5. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

No, I don't think so. It was a long time ago. I think what's more important than the dosage is the set and setting -- in other words, are you in a safe environment with no responsibilities you have to handle? Are you with people you trust? What are your expectations? Stuff like that.

1 person likes this.
  6. sunshine186

sunshine186 midnight toker

not really, no. I've only done them twice and it was mild.
    I regret starting inside the second time.
    and I don't like the really sleepy but can't sleep mood I get in

but otherwise, no, definitely don't regret the experience.

7. usedtobehoney

usedtobehoney Senior Member

I've never had a bad trip and never had any regrets about them. I have always(except once) been very diligent about being in the right environment/mindset. I've always been very respectful of the power of drugs, in general. Mushrooms in particular, have always been sacred to me. I think it's like if you go into it with awareness and respect you will have a good trip. I could be wrong, but the times I've seen people have bad trips, they've also been on alcohol at the time and/or been doing it from an egotistical mindset.

I can't see myself doing shrooms again, but I loved it every.single.time I actually did it. Except the one time it did nothing at all. I think you gotta have respect and not do it because you have them, or someone gave you some, or everyone else is doing it. Do it when you're in a good mental space. And if you listen to your higher self(or whatever you wanna call it), you won't over do it. I think shrooms call to you, and when you're done they don't call anymore.

That's my philosophy. :)

(Also quality matters...know where you're getting them from, who is involved, etc.)

1 person likes this.
  8. wcw

Several friends of mine did them in school, but they did them recreationally. I don't know what their experience was or if they actually had real shrooms since I heard third hand about them doing them.

It sounds to me like a lot of mental preparation is needed along with a good setting. I used to meditate - maybe I will start again ahead of trying shrooms (if I ever try them).

I bought Paul Stamets' book "Psilocybin Mushrooms of the World", and it has gotten me interested. I probably won't try them until I retire from work though.

9. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I take care with set/setting when I dose mushrooms, I prefer taking them with others but I enjoy taking solo trips with them as well. Trips mostly range from absurdly bizzarre and 'psilly' which can generate amazing genuine laughter, whimsical ideas/concepts to deep, earthy, emotionally connected trips.

I've enjoyed most my shroom trips.

10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I had several 'bad' trips, I recall the feeling of regret when I was on such a climax on my first unpleasant trip. Mostly the regret of underestimating it, which was one of the reasons why it went 'bad' in the first place (the shroom trip before that one was nice in every way). But with hindsight I don't have any regrets at all. I have the feeling I learned at least as much from the bad trips as the good ones. But I definately did not feel like that on the trip itself :p

11. Grainpsilo

Grainpsilo Member

Growing and doing them for over ten years.

Over 100 trips......... Love them....they are part of who I am..... My personal god and totem.

I do all i can to spread them around the world..... To expand their habitat...i produce hundreds of pounds of spawn and spread them to cow fields everywhere around my house....... I lace my clothes with spores whether I fly on airplane to spread them to the clothing of other passengers to spread spores around the world.

I have a small bottle of spores around my neck every day so I can feel closer to the great mushroom goddess.

I told my wife ( who is straight lace) before we got married that I would not give them up for anything and will always grow them in my special room in the back of the house.

Other then my wife and kids mushrooms are the best thing that ever happened to me.

12. EventHorizon

EventHorizon Member

Opening the mind to an open world is a no brainier. Opening the mind to a corrupt and capitalist machine is something quite different. Im still on the fence as far as how i feel.about what they did to my mind. If we were in a nicer world, i wouldn't regret a thing.

So yes because it awoke my mind to a cold, heartless world. And no because it took my mind from a place that was certain to ruin me.

1 person likes this.
  13. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Good work Grain:2thumbsup:

I don't regret taking mushrooms for a second. My first experience with them was one of the most profound experiences of my life and they never fail to teach me.

14. usedtobehoney

usedtobehoney Senior Member

Wow, amazing. I would be cool with that. I still think of mushrooms as the best psychadelic drug or mind-altering drug period. I think it's the easy thing to experiment with without having any negative side effects from and I have to agree that it is a very spiritual thing, worth respecting.

Actually I think someday when I'm older, like 40 I might do them again. They seem to bring out a lot of potential and healing in people.

As for the one who was exposed to the darker side of society due to shroom use, I really wouldn't blame the shrooms. More than likely you would found out about that at some point anyway. Lots of people become open to that through weed but still there are people who have never taken any drugs who are open to it so...

15. hahaha04

hahaha04 Whatevers Clever

Not at all. I've been taken to some crazy twisted places on mushrooms, scared me but also energized and amazed. I haven't eTen any mushrooms in years. It's a damn shame. Looking to start tripping more soon though :)

16. happilyinlove

happilyinlove with myself :p

No. I've done it less than a handful of times. I started to have a bad trip once, but I just had to snap out of it. All in all, each time was a lot of fun :)

17. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

I don't even need to read this whole thread. I love tripping.

1 person likes this.
  18. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

grainsilo, how hard would it be for a newbie to grow a tiny batch of p. cubensis?

i'm familar with sterile technique, and i even have access to an autoclave

19. Grainpsilo

Grainpsilo Member

20. wcw

When I read that, I thought of the lady pictured in "Psilocybin mushrooms of the world", by Paul Stamets, that had the spores on her hat.

I've been doing research and found out that people have found psilocybe ovoideocystidiata in my state in the wild. I may be doing some extra hiking next year.