Does Anyone Else Comb Out Their Dandruff?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Idle_Billy, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Idle_Billy

Idle_Billy Banned

I mean to do it with a fine comb.. the ones used for lice. I'm not sure if any of the shampoos work. I also fear that they either might make it worse, or that they might make your hair fall out. The latter might sound a bit stupid. I, in fact don't use any shampoo... just water. My hair is quite short.

I've got dry skin, and I'm thin too - so although I'm good looking now, I mightn't be when I'm older... sort of like what happened to Clint Eastwood.

But I've been combing it out for quite some time now. I get giant tuffs of it sometimes. I then need to use an old toothbrush to get the dandruff out of the comb as it gets clogged. I'm pretty sure I get more of it in times of stress. It's as if I can nearly feel the dandruff accumulating when I'm stressed. My has always been a bit more powdery than flaky. I don't have other skin issues a lot. At this moment, I'm not convinced that there's a better alternative, but I'm all hears.

Thanks

2. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

dude...you aren't combing dandruff out...you have started a dandruff plantation on your head....comb/water doesn't work or there would be no such thing as dandruff remedies......you are wasting your time and very likely repelling future friends and a gf

yuck brother yuck!

3. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

lol@dandruff plantation

4. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

just buy an over the counter dandruff shampoo and use it for a couple of days. dandruff is usually caused by a fungal infection on your scalp - you're not going to comb it out. you're treating the symptom, not the cause.

5. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

6. quark

quark Parts Unknown

When I cut my dreads after 5 years I had tons of dandruff. Good ol' Head and Shoulders fixed that right up...

7. Idle_Billy

Idle_Billy Banned

To be fair, I make sure no one sees to comb or tooth brush. But to look at me you wouldn't see any dandruff. You'd have to give my hair a good shake in order to know. People get away with far worse.

8. Idle_Billy

Idle_Billy Banned

Not that would keep away a gf! But I guess it is the HIPforums

9. Idle_Billy

Idle_Billy Banned

Any recommendations?

10. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

try selsun blue or something like that. ask the pharmacist.

11. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

op-people notice dandruff...believe it....of course people get away with far worse...but why ''get away'' with something so personal regarding your appearance...you saying you only wear white?...cause that's the only way to hide fallen dandruff

seriously...give your head a shake...for real...buy shampoo asap...and keep using it until the problem is done...once doesn't work forever

12. WonderlostVW73

WonderlostVW73 Midwest Librarian

Do you have an aversion to shampoo?

You could try a few drops of tea tree oil and a teaspoon of baking soda. I mix mine with baby shampoo because my hair is longer and it spreads easier.

13. David0301

David0301 Members

whenever i get dandruff there is nothing that works as well as apple cider vinegar. I have tried all medical shampoos etc but you need to apply them more often and be patient. The good thing with apple cider vinegar is that after the 1st use you will get rid of all your dandruffs. Just rinse your scalp with it and let it air-dry on your head. Let it stay for 1 hour (the more the better) . Then rinse off with water. Btw that advise was given to me by my mum who is a nurse - and she has got it from one of her clients. Make sure the apple cider vinegar is unfiltered for optimum results

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018