does anybody know shit

Discussion in 'UK Music Forum' started by jackovgoesjacko, May 24, 2004.

1. jackovgoesjacko

jackovgoesjacko Member

you gotta be fuckin' kiddin' me. ok, heres the thing. i have a chance to buy this guitar for around 150 bucks and it is said to retail for 350. it is made by Maxtone guitars and is custom made with special features. I want to know if anyone knows shit about the playability, tone, and if this is a good guitar to invest in.

I also, if anyone has a clue, would appreciate feedback on both the guitar companies of Cozart and Standell. Specifically, the Cozart EG-1280 model.

THanks all
    [​IMG]

2. bokonon

bokonon Senior Member

I've played guitar for years but I don't know shit about them. Haven't even heard of the company that knocked that thing up. But I do know electric guitars are designed to be played through amplifiers, that in mind I would never buy one which had its own speaker. Just seems wrong man :)

Obviously you could be getting a really great deal, with me knowing nothing, I'd say wait for more replies naturally. But I'm pretty sure you could pick up something better at that price.

3. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

Never heard of those brands, maybe because I'm from the other side of the pond...

To answer your post though, my stepson says I don't know shit. So I guess I can't help there either. He IS always right, after all. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I can tell you to avoid First Act guitars, as well as Rogue. They only make good doorstops.

Good luck in your search.

4. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Funny title....and this thread is from 2004...but I just wanted to answer the title...No, I don't know shit.

5. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

I dont Know Shit about these "Zombie Thread Guitars " But if Jimmy Page or the guy out of Slipnot with The clown face starts playing one I might Buy a Chinese Knock off for about £100 They all sound the same not Plugged in and standing in front of a Mirror !!

1 person likes this.
  6. morrow

morrow Visitor

That thing will most likely be sawdust now anyway, but hey, an old thread revived..a time when....I still had my dad, so thanks magic man.. :)

1 person likes this.
  7. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

I've just got a (half) guitar for my 6 year old Granddaughter - she might not know shit at the moment, but I'm sure
    She'll
    Have
    Inspirational
    Times
    along her highway of discovery