Does Age matter?

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by Billyx1120, May 6, 2013.

1. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

I've recently met, started chatting with and got to know a young lady, of whom we share a common interest.
    I find her to be attractive in both looks and personality and am wondering whether to take a more pro-active step in / upon / towards a more deeper relationship.
    however,
    there is an age difference = (25 yrs - I am 53 yrs mind!)
    At what age does it matter
    NB - (Though one can't deny it would be nice) = NOT, a Sex thing
    One shouldn't have to but one is mindful of the way it would be perceived by others - it'll be my decision in the end , though be interested in the opine of Generality

2. enhancer13

enhancer13 Senior Member

No age does not matter as long as everyone involved is an adult! I am 13 years older then my lady and we are very happy together.

3. nz male

nz male Senior Member

Your the same age as me Billy X. She maybe more than half your age -but go for it !
    I would as well. She's possibly got more energy to keep you satisfied sexually than some woman our age may have. The old saying 'cradle snatcher' is not applicable here.
    If there was an age gap of more than - say 35 years, then it may concern her but then again - it might not ? Good luck, you only live once!

4. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

15 will get you 20, so im a way, yeah it does but otherwise no, but I do believe the longer one has lived, the more wisdom they will have aquired

5. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

If she is a consenting adult I think it is fine.

Age of consent is a funny thing anyway, it's a different age everywhere you go.

6. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

yeah, some places its as young as 14!

7. nz male

nz male Senior Member

If two people of legal age see no reason not to have a sexual relationship (or just a one off sexual encounter) with someone else regardless of age difference & the other consents to it. Say a 16 year old teen (legal age) willingly has sex with someone my age or a woman (aged 50) having sex with a legal aged teenager is that unexceptable or is that age difference too much?

8. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

Does age matter?

My answer: yes it can

But here's what matters more:

1. Consent
    2. Good Communication
    3. Complementary personalities
    4. Things in common (life goals, like wanting a family or not, careers)
    5. Love
    6. Good agreed upon, legally signed mutual plan in case of a break-up/ divorce (half-serious, half-joking on this point)

Make sure nobody is getting hurt, and everybody is over the age of consent, and if not then do NOT take a relationship into sexual territory.

You also have to brace yourself for society judging you, but this goes for all couples who break a stereotype or falls into a taboo. Also by society, I mean his or her, or both of your families/friends judging you as well.

Hopefully, over time it'll pass as they can see that the relationship is genuine, but acceptance like that doesn't always happen.

9. creampie00

creampie00 If you can't DODGE it....RAM it!

The only time I have noticed where age made a difference was when I had mentioned sa... a song or a tv show from when I was younger and the person had no idea what the hell I was talking about, made me feel old. Other than that, younger people can have sex just as good as older ones. All that matters is if you really like one another!

10. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

It matters to me. Obviously it doesn't matter to the girl you are seeing, good for you.

11. midknight_snow

midknight_snow Member

Age doesn't matter at all. My love is 15 years older than me and I wouldn't have it any other way. I would never be with anyone my own age. I MUCH prefer an older man. Don't let a meaningless number hinder you from exploring something that could be beautiful.

12. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

Age does not matter as long as it is not an issue for both parties involved. I recently met a very nice girl who is about half my age. She's totally fine with our age difference, and so am I. I think she generally prefers her partner to be older than she is. And I prefer mine to be younger than I, so it works out. Your romantic companion should be chosen based on compatibility(how well you two can connect with each other, how meaningful and love-filled the sex is, stuff like that), not age. That's my opinion, anyway.

13. Anonjack64

Anonjack64 Guest

hey buddy no shame here. when I was 20 years old I was with a 53 year old woman for 2 years. we almost married but she went back to her rich husband. i'm 29 now and bit wiser. being with a 28 years isn't a big deal. its better then 18 or 19 years old.

when it comes to love and a relationship age should matter. you have a soul she has one too. if you guy have a connection then run with it to see what happends. if you are worried about what your family thinks then tell them to F themselves and continue on with life.

good luck

14. broony

broony Banned

if 17 and under, only mess with 17 and under...

as soon as you hit 18, your range goes to 25 if lucky or you got really good game maybe higher

once you hit 23 you open to anyone.

i say 23 cause you got some experience in the alcohol word legally wether drinking or not... cause a its new game..

15. nz male

nz male Senior Member

I would have sex with a female if she was of the legal age - 16 yrs old here & she was more than willing to learn a few kinky acts with me.
    So yes age matters if they are of legal age & you are as well.

16. stevewilkins

stevewilkins Guest

of course age will matter!.. If it's a minor! Hehe. But if both of you are happy with your relationship I say.. Let Love guide your way. But to answer your concern… you really don't have to think of other people when it's your own happiness that's important. :)

17. dandelionlynn

dandelionlynn Member

I had about a year long relationship with a man who was 40 and I was 25. It was only awkward for the first month or so, then our families and friends got used to it and it was great. We both learned a lot from each other and I became (actually still am) really good friends and advisor to his teenage daughter.

So I would say go for it and don't worry about what others think. It's only yours and her happiness that matter, others will learn to accept anything with time.

18. kokujin

kokujin Senior Member

does a 53 year old man just wanna fuck his dick off or is he actually in love, likely again, with someone half his age? Prolly the first right.

19. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Why can't an old man fall in love with someone half his age? Perhaps it starts with sexual appeal but I can imagine a lot can fall just as easily in love with a 20 year old as yourself...

20. Just_a_woman

Just_a_woman Member

If it is just sex, as long as all parts are consenting adults, whatever.

But if it is about a relationship, I personally wouldn't wanna be with a man in his 20s, for instance. Been there, done that (being 20, I mean), and I'm elsewhere, now. I don't wanna do the things most folks in their 20s wanna do. And I don't find it fair to expect a person who's in his 20s to give up on things to adapt to my ways.

It isn't about energy to do things, mind you. Most of my students are in their 20s and I've got a lot more energy than they've got. I party more, I travel more, etc. I can run for 1h out of the blue, while they walk as slow as zombis. And I have the impression I enjoy my life to the full, whereas many of these folks are often wondering how what they're doing is gonna look on Facebook, what to dress, brands to wear... whatever. Not all, of course, I'm exaggerating just for the sake of argument.

No, it isn't about the energy and the will to do things. It is about the way you'll perceive and live them. The young one will be living those experiences for the first time. I'll be "yeah, sure, done that 1000 times," not saying these words, of course, but "feeling" like this.

So, I can fuck guys in their 20s (it's plenty legal, here), but I don't wanna spend more time with them then the strictly necessary for both of us to get our orgasms.