do you wash your feet before going to bed?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by barefoot kid, Sep 29, 2006.

1. barefoot kid

barefoot kid Member

i usually don't, unless i happen to take a shower right before going to bed which is rare. i like dirty feet so i like to keep 'em dirty as long as possible. it always amuses me to see all the dirt on my soles from the previous day when i wake up in the morning.

when i was little my mom always made me wash my feet before i went to bed even when they weren't dirty. now that i'm a big kid, i can do as i please :D

2. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

I absolutely do not wash my bare feet before going to bed. My mother never made me as a child either. I was always barefoot, my soles were constantly dirty!

1 person likes this.
  3. txbarefooter

txbarefooter Senior Member

I also go to bed with dirty feet, to me it isn't a big deal. I know some will think it odd or completely gross but that is their opinion and I have mine.

4. mortes

mortes Senior Member

Nope I've never once washed my feet before going to bed. Don't plan to start this practise either.

5. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

6. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

I don't either, they usually are'nt that dirty. Aside from this topic, when I was a teen I would always sleep with my socks on.

7. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

rinse. which suffices ususally.
    if I've been in weird mud or whatever, I'll wash.
    Also on hot days with sweat likely, I shower quickly before sleep.
    I wash the sheets, so if I can stretch that out, yay! Less water use, less detergents/ soaps in the greywater.

8. Barefoot_Longhair

Barefoot_Longhair Member

Nope, I don't wash my feet either.

9. bkcmar

bkcmar keep those feet bare

Nope, I never wash my feet before I go to bed. Dirty sheets are not a problem for me.

10. barefootboy1030

barefootboy1030 Member

Showers wake me up so that's why I take them in the morning instead of at night. Since my feet are usually dirty, more often than not I wake up with dirty feet in the morning.

goodearth likes this.
  11. NJnudedude

NJnudedude Member

No, I don't wash my feet before going to sleep. I really don't care. I generally shower in the morning.

And street dirt doesn't bother me at all. Much better than smelly feet from socks and shoes.

12. kwiley

kwiley Member

I don't ever find that I need to wash my feet at bedtime. Even though they are dirty, usually they are more dusty than black due to padding around the house, or just naturally cleaning themselves over the course of the day. But then again, I think its kind of fun to get dusty soles. I guess its just part of having free feet!

13. Barefooted_Amy

Barefooted_Amy Member

I don't wash my feet before going to bed either

14. honeyfugle

honeyfugle pumpkin

i don't think i ever have done... even the one time that my soles were actually black (they hardly get that dirty at all...)

15. hippychickmommy

My kids love being barefoot too. My husband isn't really into it though. I feel sorry for him! :p

16. kwiley

kwiley Member

I'm suprised your husband hasn't gotten into barefooting by following your example. What does he think about you being barefoot?

17. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

Well I guess its his call but he is missing an awersome experience as I 'm sure you know. One quick question are you and your kids at home barefooters or out and about anywhere you can get away with it barefooters?

18. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

We have light carpets in our house so I always clean up before I come in the house.

19. hippychickmommy

It drives him nuts! He's always worried that I'm going to hurt myself, but, I've been running around barefoot from the moment I took my first steps! I've had very few problems!

20. hippychickmommy

It depends on where we're at, but yes, if we can get away with it, we will!